Just a few pics!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Just a few pics!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 pm

M.Steiner
I've not taken very many photographs and i'm still learning (very slowly) so these are nothing spectacular, just playing about. Especially the last one which is a bit fuzzy, but so adorable. I haven't posted anything of mine in here for a while though so i thought i'd share em. :) (Will post them over at DA at some point probably)

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Just a few pics!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Wow. I LOVE the sky in the first picture in particular - looks almost like a painting to me and contrasts so sharply with the almost natural looking land. It drew my eyes to it straight away.

Kind of makes the whole thing look less like a general photograph and more like a deliberate piece of art to me. Did you use anything special to take it? If not, that a fantastically good shot.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 pm

M.Steiner
The finished pics above are actually a combination of 3 (technique known as HDR). I'd been wanting to try it ever since i discovered it hehe.

Basically, I took 3 shots for each scene with my camera, each at a different level of exposure (So one would be normal, one overexposed & one underexposed). I then imported those raw pics to my pc and combined each of the 3 shots into 1 single file. Did a bit of tone mapping on those to get everything how i wanted (arty, but still realistic and not too overdone like a lot of HDR pics look to me). Then added the border in Photoshop and that's about it really.
Quite pleased with how they turned out considering i didn't use a tripod, will have to take one with me next time i take my camera out. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 am

Plovske
I really like the top one, the air is just amazing.
And I like the second one because of the depth. Very nice dude :)
I'll have to try that technique sometime. seems fun!
enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:00 pm

M.Steiner
This guy has some amazing work, also has a tutorial on there Plov. (Linked you to him a year or so ago too Anny, with the Chernobyl story if you remember)

Thankies for the comments :thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”