Aion-online

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Aion-online

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Syro
Glad to see someone interested in it besides myself :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Eli
Hey Syro,

Hopefully. as the release time of the game gets closer, more people will show an interest in playing. I have been reading the comments of people who played in the open beta recently, and they range from awesome to meh. From what I gathered, Aion is not a next-gen MMO (whatever that means), but takes the best of prior MMOs. In any case, I am looking foward to playing the game, and in fact, just pre-ordered the collector's edition. It turns out that the collector's edition only costs about $5.00 more than the standard edition because it gives you the first month for free.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Stracius
I'll take a look at it if people manage to stay interested in it for longer than 2-3 months *cough*ageofconan*cough*

:D
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:51 am

Eli
Aldayne,

Glad to here that you may give Aion a chance. I think many people have the impression that this will be just another Asian grindfest. However from what I have read, it will be very quest-oriented. Also, from the many screenshots and videos that I have looked at, the game looks really good. In particular, the character customization is pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Eli
Here is a link to some excellent videos of the various classes and gameplay in Aion.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... ideos.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Eli
Here is a link to Ten Ton Hammer111s hands-on impressions of the first Aion beta event.

http://tentonhammer.com/node/69462

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Eli
The way I keep promoting this game, people are going to think I have invested in NCsoft stock. I played in the last closed beta and another starts on July 2nd (if you pre-order the game, you are allowed to participate in the beta events). So far, I am enjoying the game. The character creation is the best I have seen in any MMO. Usually I am not completely satisfied with the way my character looks in MMOs, but I am very pleased with the mage I created in Aion. Also, the movement of characters and NPCs are not stiff like I have seen in other MMOs. The environment is very detailed, similar to the detail you see in LOTRO, though some people might find it a little too colorful. The quests are the same as in any MMO, but they do break them down into categories (like LOTRO's epic quests, Aion has something similar - campaign quests). What I found especially impressive is the lack of lag! My computer just satisfies the recommended requirements and the game runs very smooth (at maximum settings). At present, the game is in the process of being "westernized", so there is still asian overtones. What I found particularly annoying is when I cast a spell my character would yell something in Korean or Chinese - even if it were in English I would find it annoying. Hopefully, there will be an opton to turn off the voice-over. The game was initally very PVP centric, but from what I read, alot of content has been added to satisfy PVE players. Overall, I think Aion will do well. It appears NCsoft has invested alot of time and money into the game and it has already gone through 3 major updates.

Here is my question. Will there be enough SSX members interested in the game to justify an in-game guild?

If you want to check out the game in more detail go to this site: http://www.aionsource.com/

Unbiased Review of Aion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:20 am

Padishar
Best review ever...

*Explicit Language Warning*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsACVBY_ ... r_embedded

*Make sure you watch it in HD and fullscreen*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:23 am

Stracius
:lol: I love it
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

QuantumDelta
Pretty much what I expected it to be ;P
PvP game with very limited pve a flying gimmick and all the 'impressive' bits are stolen from other games.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 am

Syro
Played it this weekend and had a blast. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Eli
Hey Syro,

Glad you enjoy the game. Are you interested in joining a legion (guild)? I am a member of Ascend. They are a good group of people, mature and friendly. Here is the link to the legion's website.

http://ascendaion.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=95321

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:30 am

Slyng
Hey all,

Just curious if anyone is still playing Aion from SSX, and what legion you might have joined. Two or three of us from the old LoTR days, have been palying Elyos on Luminel, and Asmo on the "K" server. Let me know and I will try to get hooked up with you all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Eli
Hey Slyng,

I'm, along with a couple of other former LOTRO players, are part of tier 3 legion called Integrity on the Israphel sever. It's a good group of people and you are more than welcome to join us. My characters names are Istar and Godric. I am on almost everyday.

Return to “General Discussions”