VOTE for Alia

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

VOTE for Alia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Messiah
Hi everyone. My daughter has been selected as a finalist in a new artist competition on CMT (Country Music Television). 64 hopefuls are slotted in head to head competitions with the winners advancing to the next round. The four finalists will appear on CMT's Music City Madness show and receive the opportunity to compete for a recording contract.

I realize many of you do not like country music, but you do not actually have to listen to it to vote. I have been a member here for a long time and have never asked anything of this community. Now, however, I ask you all for your support.

The first round runs for 12 days. You may vote as many times as you like. Please take a few moments to go to the following site. Find my daughter, Alia Christian is the brackets on the right, and vote for her. If you can take 10 minutes to repeatedly vote, I would appreciate it.

http://www.cmt.com/interact/music_city_madness/vote/

It doesn't seem right for me to sticky my own post, but if one of the other mods or admins sees fit, I'd be happy to keep everyone posted on the contest and ask for continued support.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out.

Sincerely,

Douglas, aka Messiah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:53 pm

M.Steiner
Stickied this for ya, that way we can keep it near the top.

Still not managed to get the video to play unfortunately but i don't mind a bit of country music actually, still, i've voted lots earlier and will vote some more later! :thumb:
Only ever watched CMT once (a recording since we don't get that over here afaik) but Bon Jovi were performing on there at the time and they're pretty damn big ^^. Good luck to her :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Isileth
Yeah cant get it to play either but voting all the same, good luck to her :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:52 am

Messiah
Thanks guys.

And please do NOT utilize any sort of script or program or the like to vote for her. It is grounds for immediate disqualification.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:08 am

Wulfsmark
I got the video to play and she is really good. Good luck to her!! Looks like she is ahead right now 91%... :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 am

Jericho78
Wanted to have a look and vote but somehow I can't seem to close the "How To Vote" window, thus I can't access the brackets. I kept clicking on the big X in the corner with the word "Close" but it won't work. I even reloaded the whole page. Dang it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 am

Isileth
Yeah I was unable to close that in FF had to switch to IE tab to even get that far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:25 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Voted a few times last night, and will do so again today when I get a free moment at work.

Whilst I too have been unable to get the video to load (maybe blocked from the UK, since we three Brits have all had issues?), best of luck to her all the same. We'll keep out fingers crossed, a recording contract is not something that comes by every day after all. Hopefully, we'll be able to make a difference :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, video streaming on their site must only be available to people in the US (and possibly Canada).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Messiah
I appreciate the support, everyone.

This is an endurance contest just now and a large volume of votes are needed. I encourage anyone who is willing to go out and vote for her as often as possible. Her margin dropped from 92/8 to 66/34 this morning. Her opponent finally started to get his support going.

I'll see if I can get teh video posted to Youtube later today for those of you who would like to see it but are currently unable.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:19 pm

undrin
I actually like country music... ok awating flames. But I have voted and my wife is going to listen and vote also. Actually very good! :thumb:
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:52 pm

Syro
You should be proud!! She rocks. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 am

Plovske
Jericho78 wrote:Wanted to have a look and vote but somehow I can't seem to close the "How To Vote" window, thus I can't access the brackets. I kept clicking on the big X in the corner with the word "Close" but it won't work. I even reloaded the whole page. Dang it!!!
tried it a few times but i got the same problem, must be what MS said :(
good luck, hope she wins!
enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:02 pm

M.Steiner
Are you guys having that problem with Firefox? I couldn't press the X either.
Try with IE instead if you haven't already, works for me. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Ozany
She's good, keep up the votes. She's down 52/48 as of this morning.

Yup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:56 pm

enlightened
Voted, best of luck to your daughter mate!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Lee
Now. I'm a clever guy, so I blame the website. Took me about 5 mintues to vote...

(gootube for the non US folks ?)
Eeks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Messiah

Thanks everyone for the support.

Indeed, firefox does not seem to work. It has been noted but I don't believe there are plans to rectify the problem. IE seems to be the only avenue just now.

She is down to 46% right now. Her opponent has a large fan base in his community - has played many shows, palyed at an NFL game, and had some local radio airplay. We have an uphill battle.

Your support has been great. Alia, her family and I very much appreciate it. If you are able to vote and so inclined, we ask that you try to vote 20 times per day. It should take no more than 5 minutes. Pass the word to anyone you may know who might help.

If you are on facebook, we have a group devoted to this effort. Check out I Voted for Allia on CMT.com! It is open to everyone, so invite your friends as well.

Thanks again, everyone.[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Ozone
Doug!

OK, I got a question:
When Alia hits it big, is she going to compensate me for the medical bills I'll be paying for the carpal tunnel I've been developing over the last 2 days?

Also, I'm posting a linkie over at the Mad Goners. Yeah, I know they're a bit, well... off, but as its an internet vote and no-one has to see them I think it'll be OK.

Might be good to get another linkie over on the Garagegames boards, but I wondering if anyone here knows about that DHL game and might have admin status there... /I'm looking at the guy with the hat...

Mark
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:15 am

Ozone
KK, Goners on board and voting
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:58 am

Padishar
Voting as well.

She is veeeery talented,
esp for someone so young.

We wish her luck and will try and do our part to keep the votes comin in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Messiah
Mark, there will be no compensation of your medical bills. However, when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So, you got that going for you, which is nice.

;)

Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Ozone
Mmm...fishy...

Believe it was Saturday night I saw her at 39.0%.
I voted about 50 times last night and just voted another 25 times.
The Goners started a movement of going for 30 and over the past 2 days a few of them have done the 30 vote thing.

So, not including the SSX, she's had a couple hundred votes in the past 48 hours. Yet she's still at 39.0%.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:07 am

Messiah
So many votes have been cast that it takes a larger number to create any mobility, and those votes have to be in excess of what her opponent is collecting at the same time. If we place 250 votes and they place 250, it is a zero sum game. They seem to update the percentages about every 15 minutes. Hopefully, his support will wane through the week. Maybe his supporters will become complacent.

She can make it. We've seen about 3% positive change today. If we can maintain that over the next several days, it will be a whole new contest.

Thanks again for your support everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 am

QuantumDelta
I called in some reinforcements for you ;)
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

Return to “General Discussions”