An Update...

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

An Update...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Ozone
Aint been about much with the marriage (yes, I married Sprite, lucky girl she is), holiday, immigration papers (for said wifey), figuring out loans and part II boards this weekend. Been a bundle.

But here's something scary...
veeerrryyyyyy scary...

Tuesday afternoon, at 4pm, I see my first real patient. All by myself. And I get to do all sorta doctor stuff (or at least pretend to).

May God have mercy on his/her soul.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:25 am

Messiah
Wow, congratulations Mark! That is fantastic news! I am very happy for the both of you.

And my condolences to the patient.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:08 am

Inquisitor
Be sure to post pictures :)

Oh wait, stupid HIPAA...
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:01 pm

undrin
Grats Mark, it is good to hear from ya!
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Ozone
Two real live patients so far. Both managed to leave the clinic under their own power and still breathing.
Reckon thats a good start.

Of course there is that new intern factor of sounding confident as all hell to the patient, sending them on their way, then rushing about in a panic for books to confirm that what you told them might just be correct (and figure out what the heck you've got to do next time they come in).

So I spend about 20-30 minutes with a patient, then about 4 hours digging through the tomes to learn all about what's going on. Sure, there's 7 years of education so far, but, unfortunately the patients haven't read the textbook presentations of their problems and some of them actually have the gall to have more than one condition with overlapping symptoms.

Can't wait for the experience factor, but been told by a few docs that I'm going to be repeating this panic and worry stage for 5 years or so, during which time it will slowly subside. Also been told that if I wasn't doing it, I wouldn't turn out to be a very good doc, so maybe there's hope. :)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

hooh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:35 pm

enlightened
Ah haha hey man thats great :D and CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage!!!

Return to “General Discussions”