last.fm users?

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:24 pm

=BTM=
Ash wrote:
SSX-MS wrote:I had a listen to a few Helloween tracks on YouTube this afternoon, they sounded pretty good!. Reminded me of Stratovarius a little bit.
I've yet to listen to any of Gamma Ray's stuff but i'll try get an album or two of Helloween's before the end of the week and see what those are like. If i like em i can always get some more and if i start with just 1 or 2 i can appreciate them more! ^^ (Maybe the two that Ash mentioned)
Cheers for the recommendations mate. :thumb:
The two I mentioned were my first taste of Helloween,
and to be fair I lost track of the band after them.
But both those albums I rebought on CD when I switched away from vinyl.

:thumb:
Saw Gamma Ray and Helloween live in December along with Axxis ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/ShunBTM
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:21 am

Messiah
Just joined.

http://www.last.fm/user/SSX-Messiah/

Please remember, my kids play music on this PC too. You can decide who listens to what. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Padishar
hmm...
I tried it out and soo far, well...
Am not diggin it.

Reason?
Guess I will give a lil background on my music collection... er...
Addiction.

I have an old 70's style vinyl record cabinet, 4 cases of tapes, a case of 45's, and over $5k in cd's and this isn't even touching my mp3 downloads.
I generally convert reel and vinyl to lossless codec files and the rest to mp3's. The music is then all stored on my NAS and streamed throughout my place.

So um...
I signed up and went to scrobble my playlists and it gave me a "We are sorry you have too much F%$#^n music for us too scrobble" error.

Then lookin at what it did grab (1,280 songs) and list are all from like 6 months ago, listing them as listened to 21 hours ago :confused:

The actual music I have been listening to, lets say for the past week?
Like:
Flyleaf, Portishead, Gruesome2Some, Velvet Acid Christ, Xorcist, Lil Wayne, Placebo, David Sylvian, Maximum The Hormone, Jay-Z vs Linkin Park, Neyo etc. ?

Zilch, Nada, Nothing...

Oh well. Guess it is not for me.

Though it did get right that I listen to:
Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails, PinkFloyd, and Damien Rice ALOT :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Inquisitor
Yeah, you can tell it not to do that, or just live with the outdated information, it eventually populates with the real stuff ;)
No signature

Return to “General Discussions”