is it kk dooomed

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

is it kk dooomed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:46 pm

Riccko
Hi guys.

Any one seen this post

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140487

Is this a new mmorpg
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:01 am

Futile Resistance
Ah, finally official word regarding the new game.

I wish the KK staff best of luck and hopefully more people on the team this time compared to NC.

And for those of you who want screenies (how dare you tempt us with only an image Riccko :shake: ):

http://pc.ign.com/articles/815/815449p1.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:48 pm

M.Steiner
KK have always been limited with what they can do with Neocron, what with their engine, code and what not. Like with player shops that we were told would be a feature of NC2 when we upgraded, later to be told that they couldn't implement them without pretty much rewriting the game so they had dropped the feature. They're not gonna have all those problems with BP, for one they're using the Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Civ IV etc). If they pull their finger out they could have an amazing looking game with that, what the actual gameplay will be like is another thing.

I wish them good luck though, hopefully they'll have a bigger success with BP than they've had with NC but at the end of the day that's up to them. Admittedly they seem to be hard at work on it http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140597 - But that does make me feel sorry for the peeps still paying for NC. Selendor in that thread has a good point: "Thats strange, I don't remember having a subscription for Black Prophecy and yet thats what I seem to be paying for KK to work on"

There's some other screenshots here as well. http://www.jeuxonline.info/images/Black_Prophecy. I'm no space fan but some of those monitor images are quite cool. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:28 am

BlackDove
Oh look, another FreeSpace derivative.

Another uber ancient uber powerful alien race set on Xenocide. NOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS.

I already played this game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:37 am

Futile Resistance
BlackDove wrote:
But now you get to play it with specular lighting, post filtering, motion blur, and um... Lots of other bells and whistles...

Yep... :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:53 am

BlackDove
You obviously didn't play FS2 with the SCP enhancements.

Specular, filtering, shadows...all there.

Looks just about as those screens do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:46 am

Scorpius
Might be worth a looksee when it gets released. Hopefully this time they will support Geforce cards unlike NC. Always bugged me to see a mobs leg dissappear into the distance.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:27 pm

Futile Resistance
Scorpius wrote:Might be worth a looksee when it gets released. Hopefully this time they will support Geforce cards unlike NC. Always bugged me to see a mobs leg dissappear into the distance.
I didn't like the ATI bug where the cannon's AOE impact point lit up the whole screen... Eyes got a bit strained during some late night gaming fests...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:01 am

Syn
BlackDove wrote:Oh look, another FreeSpace derivative.

Another uber ancient uber powerful alien race set on Xenocide. NOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS.

This would be why I rather liked Star Lancer's single player, and am basing the storyline of my game off of more... human adversaries.
bah my forums is dead, so it is removed from my sig...

Btw, I'm making a game, it will be awesome, you will look forward to it.[/hype]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:11 am

Futile Resistance
Syn wrote:This would be why I rather liked Star Lancer's single player, and am basing the storyline of my game off of more... human adversaries.
Ah, SL. Brings back fond memories of playing co-op with friends and getting team killed by them :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:55 am

Phrank T Phish
guess its pretty much the last nail in the coffin for NC. a shame, as its still a game i love and i was just thinking about a return to it once again lol. but theres no way id switch out eve for this, CCP are bad but KK.... ouch.

btw, hi folks, long time 'n all that o/
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:13 am

Futile Resistance
Heya Phrank.

Yea, alot of us WISH we could go back to NC. You know...

Low pops, solo runs, random ganks due to fatals, and money transfer problems...

But hey, the days of NC1 were lively and fun! So was NC2... *sigh* so much potential...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm

SL33PY
Hey guys,
I'm still around. I posted something about cron in another thread. Anyways, you can always add me on msn. Not that I'm a lot more active on msn, but still a bit more then being around here...

It's a shame I know, I'm going to try to find the time to be a bit more online.

Greetz,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:48 pm

Phrank T Phish
aye, saw the post but i cant reply there. im still thinking of dropping back into NC again. i guess that makes me a masochist, but so be it. ill get myself an alfa romeo next :-/

you said your account was deleted, mine too. characters were still there, no cash, no items, messed up SL on one. had to reroll everyone. but still, if people do ever return, ill be there once more.
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Phrank T Phish wrote:aye, saw the post but i cant reply there.
Fixed, you should be able to post there now. Sorry about that Phrank, I assume it has to have been a mix up or something and you got removed from the members list. I know you've hung around here and played with us (specially in NC) enough to certainly be classed as a member, and since you've been in groups before I see no problem in putting you back on the list.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:17 pm

SL33PY
My accounts aren't deleted, just .. disabled atm. I'll have to check if they are unlocked again. If not, I'll have to write them again.

new patch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 pm

Riccko
Hi again.

Thought you might want to see this

Greetings Runner!

If you're reading this, then that means at some point in the last few years you've visited and registered on TechHaven.org - Neocron's number 1 Official Fansite!

We're writing to inform you of the new Neocron 2.2 update released on December 12th 2007 which has been dubbed by the community as the "Neocron 1" or "F6" Patch! The update includes a shed load of fantastic changes to the game designed to bring more life to the game as well as add to it's intense cyberpunk atmosphere and really returns danger to the streets of Neocron once again!

To help that Danger along Reakktor have given 30 days of FREE play time to ALL inactive Neocron 2 accounts!

Reakktor's most controversial move in Neocron's history was to split the factions into a Red vs Blue system which many people didn't like and were against, in a recent explosion of Storyline Content the politics of Neocron have turned quite sour, with negotiations failing, old alliances strengthening and aging conflicts rearing their ugly head to bring conflict to Neocron's Factions once again.

The Dome of York, once a proud city in it's own right, destroyed by Neocron's last bid to save itself from destruction by a neutron bomb years ago lay in ruins for a long time with the frantic, torn alliances of City Administrations enemies lurking within trying to get by in the bomb site that remained. For a time the Dome improved, it became truly livable and the factions lived in restless harmony but this didn't last. As a huge explosion engulfed a sector of the Dome an unknown deadly gas began to leak from a buried and abandoned laboratory causing the occupants of the Dome to flee for their lives, during this tough time these fragile alliances were shattered when belief, religion and money were thrown together into the mix of chaos and confusion.

Battered and torn apart the enemies of Neocron and the City Administration fled to their old haunts including within the city itself to take command of their former locations as City Administration cheer victoriously as their 'Final Strike' discovers a deserted Dome of York littered with corpses.

Little do they know, their enemies are now far closer than they think!

Neocron 2.2 Patch #167 & #168

* Neocron 1 Faction Relations Return!
* Factions have returned to their previous homes!
* Tech Haven is no trader town, risk your life as security systems run thin and tension runs high!
* Fleeing for their lives Twilight Guardian reinforce Old Twilight Guardian Canyon bringing back to the stronghold it once was!
* Pepper Park just got Hotter! join Black Dragon, Tsunami Syndicate and the Brotherhood of Crahn back on the streets as bullets fly!
* The Dome may be without population but who knows what new dangers now lurk within!
* Danger returns to the streets of Neocron City, the factions have turned against each other and plasma flies once again through the streets of Plaza as inner city PVP becomes a reality again!
* New & Updated quests and missions!
* New Wisdom of Ceres items to earn and take to the battlefield!
* It's been dry for a long time but now Weather has returned to the skies over the Neocron world!
* Major tweaks to PvE make hunting more practical and heaps more fun!

Think you've been away for too long? too much to get your head around? well let us here at the Tech Haven Network help you! in the last few years we've established our selves as the New Number 1 Officla Fansite for Neocron!

* Item Database!
* Rare Part Collection Database!
* Community Forum!
* Latest news from Reakktor and Neocron!

The Tech Haven Network - the one stop shop for all your Neocron Resource needs!

Regards and Happy Hunting!

Tech Haven Network Administration
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

Return to “General Discussions”