Games now a days.....

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Games now a days.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:13 am

Ambush
After reading some reviews for Star Trek: Legacy for the PC I stop to relize. Is it just me or are video games now a days real glitchy, buggy, and the effort isnt there.

I mean I remember when Manuals for video games were actually usefull and gave you instructions for the game in and out, every option and menu, EVERYTHING. Now the manuals I've seen now a days have the controls, a few basic menu's explained, 20 page of credits and thats bout it, basically compared to old manuals, nothing. I mean apparently Legacy (PCversion) manual had controls for the 360. How go errors like this get into production.

Then we get to the bugs, I dont remember so many glitches in games before. I'll pick on Saints Row, for the 360 there are glitches which stop you from getting Achievments, or you could be driving on the freeway where all of a sudden the cars all disapear (except yours) and your driving on nothing, because the road decided to disapear for a few seconds. How can these glitches get by? Like glitches that are real obvious and should have been checked and fixed during beta stages.

Or even storylines of some games now are just lacking and boring, for example Superman: Returns for the 360, with has so much potential with the game play, but the storyline can be beaten in the most longest most repeatitive 5 hours of your life. If I could hand in a reciept for the 3 hours of time I wasted playing I'd get a refund.

Maybe its just me, but I've found the quality of games as of the past few years to have gone down.....
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:18 am

Dodotorpedo
Perhaps you're just becoming too old for video games :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:35 am

BlackDove
Yarr it be the MMO train of thought - patches fix EVERYTHING!

The reason they get away with this crap now is because back when games that were released were good, it was common knowledge that not everyone who bought the game had access to the internetz.

However today, it is almost assured that everyone who buys those games, has an internet connection, therefore that means that they can get the product out faster, get less development costs by shipping an unfinished product, then "patch" it. That way, the patch (like with NWN2) is the retail release.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:57 am

Serberus
Yea im with u ambush, and im only 19 :weird: , games these days are released buggy (NWN2 getting a patch on realease i mean wtf). There arnt many things being released that are top quality. Usualy due EA, M$ etc pushing release dates on games that need another year or so to reach a decent lvl.

I dont mind a game with average graphics as long as it has great game play. But these days its always o yea we have great graphics shame the game only goes for 5 hours bah. In the next year a lot of stuff is coming out tho so we will see how buggy things are / arnt with any luck they are decently made :sweat:

Return to “General Discussions”