woo hoo! i'm rich!!!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

woo hoo! i'm rich!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:48 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
you're not going to believe how lucky i am....i just got this email this morning:

From Mark Banny.
Abidjan -Cote dIvoire.
Private and Confidential.
Tel:+22507597323

My Dear,

I am Mark Banny from Ivory Coast West Africa. I lost my Father Mr. Dago Banny a
couple
of months ago. My Father was a serving director of the Cocoa exporting board until
his death. He was assassinated last january 09/02/2004 by the rebels following the
political uprising. Before his death he had a foreign account here in Cote d
Ivoire up to the tune of (US$15.000.000) Fifteen Million Dollars which he told the
bank that it was for the importation of cocoa processing machine.

I want you to do me a favour to receive this funds to a safe account in your country
or any safer place as the beneficiary .

Moreover,I am willing to offer you 10% of the total sum as your
compensation/commission when the fund is successfully transfer to your nominated bank
account in your country.
I have plans to do investment in your country, like real estate and industrial
production.
This is my reason for writing to you.Please if you are willing to assist me indicate
your interest in replying me soonest,
Thanks.

Best regards
Mark Banny.

so anyway....i just sent him all of my bank account information...i should have the money within days!
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 pm

Isileth
*sigh* Im never that lucky! Got plans on what to spend it on?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:25 pm

Ambush
I take it you know who this is right? That you didnt just send your bank info to some dude. :sweat:

So does that mean rat asses for all?
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
i'm not going to let it change me or the way i live my life.

i plan to invest it wisely in things i can easily get my money back out of in the future....like a 14 carat diamond encrusted medallion that says "LAZLO" (on a thick 14 carat gold rope chain).

i'm also going to buy a lifetime free pizza pass from papa johns, and have santana play at my birthday party.

:lol: and yes....rats asses for everyone!
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
Ambush wrote:I take it you know who this is right?
yeah, it's mark banny! it says so right there in the letter. poor guy lost his dad to a damn rebel assassin and needs a little help.
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:58 pm

SSX-Wedge
I dunno, I've seen several scams like this. If you want to be safe. I would look in to it. My brother recieved an email a couple months back about an Uncle of ours that passed away a couple months ago. Wouldn't you know it, the guy appearantly left him some money. Not. Seems that some of the scammers like trolling the Geneology forums.

Just be smart and dont give them any of your important personal info. If they start asking for personal info and bank info.... That should be a RED FLAG. Im sure your local bank would look in to this for you.

SSX-Wedge
Last edited by SSX-Wedge on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Isileth
err what..?!?!
When did anyone start believing it wasnt a scam....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Stracius
Tongue-in-cheek, Wedge, tongue-in-cheek ;) . Laz is just otherwise spamming the forums with his boredom :p
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:12 pm

Inquisitor
When you get your money, I have a nice little bridge for you, I'll sell it REAL cheap :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:32 pm

NF
Arbiter
Inquisitor wrote:When you get your money, I have a nice little bridge for you, I'll sell it REAL cheap :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:35 pm

=BTM=
Inquisitor wrote:When you get your money, I have a nice little bridge for you, I'll sell it REAL cheap :)
Trade you a nice tower in the middle of France for your bridge, if that isnt of your liking I can offer you a pretty statue in NY :thumb:
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:25 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
:thumb: great! i'm always on the lookout for a good investment!
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:41 am

Dodotorpedo
Zomg lol money omg

No way this is a scam, it makes perfect sense that the guy just happened to find your email while he was browsing the web and thought giving a random guy 15 000 000 dollars was a good idea. Surely he could be trusted?

Grats on the money Lazlo :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:25 am

Lazlo Hollyfeld
Dodotorpedo wrote:
Grats on the money Lazlo :thumb:
:) thanks man!
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:22 am

Svarog
I h8 those spam mails T_T
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:32 pm

SoulSeeker
Dont see much spam nowadays...... spiced ham that is ........

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:46 am

SSX-Wedge
Sorry hehehe you guys will have to pick on my wife for that one. I was at work. Ask Chev and OZ. I was talking to my wife on the cell phone while she was doing market transcations in game for me. Really. LOL.

What can I say? She likes checking out the SSX forums. She gives me reports.

Im sure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:23 am

jozef
urban legends...

I love snopes.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:32 am

Futile Resistance
I'd greatly appreciate it if you could fly all of us SSXers and have a huge SSX gathering!

Preferably on the "Ivory Coast" :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:37 am

Lazlo Hollyfeld
Futile Resistance wrote:I'd greatly appreciate it if you could fly all of us SSXers and have a huge SSX gathering!

Preferably on the "Ivory Coast" :thumb:
that would be a blast....with free pizza, beer, and LAN hookups for all!
-nigel tufnel

Return to “General Discussions”