Bloody Xbox.

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Bloody Xbox.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Gryphon
GAAAARGH!

YUO GIEV PC PLATFORRM NWO! I KNWO WEY YIO LIEV I KILL JOO INGAME THEN I KILL IN REAL LYFE *******!

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Gah - bloody XBox, I demand a PC version!
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:55 pm

esd
While I can appreciate your frustration, there's no need for mis-typed barely-phonetic versions of extremely rude and unwelcome words, so I edited your post.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:16 pm

Messiah
From GameSpot:
PC gamers looking to get in on BioWare's version of the future won't be able to--at least not yet. One company rep answered the question by stating, "Mass Effect is an Xbox 360-exclusive title." But don't let that dampen your hopes, PC users. Fable and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic were also announced as Xbox-exclusive games, but were later released for the PC.
All hope is not lost, my friend. With any luck they'll make it available for the PC and I will be able to slay you, repeatedly, while drinking my weak American beer and eating things on toast.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Gryphon
esd wrote:While I can appreciate your frustration, there's no need for mis-typed barely-phonetic versions of extremely rude and unwelcome words, so I edited your post.
Righty Koki.

:thumb:
Messiah wrote:
All hope is not lost, my friend. With any luck they'll make it available for the PC and I will be able to slay you, repeatedly, while drinking my weak American beer and eating things on toast.
Bleh, I scoff at your puny american gestures, while also indulging in said things on toast.

Mmmm. Thingy goodness...
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:45 pm

Futile Resistance
ARG! :smack:

Look on the bright side: one year after its console debut and finally being on the PC... I'll have the hardware to play it at max settings :sweat:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:00 am

esd
Futile Resistance wrote:Look on the bright side: one year after its console debut and finally being on the PC... I'll have the hardware to play it at max settings :sweat:
And most of the bugs removed ;)
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:08 am

Inquisitor
or you could just suck it up and buy an Xbox :)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:30 am

Ambush
Inquisitor wrote:or you could just suck it up and buy an Xbox :)
:D :thumb: :D :thumb: :D
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:40 am

Gryphon
Suck what up? Even the moths have vacated my wallet. :sweat:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:13 am

Anubis
Site Admin
This one looks interesting, thanks for pointing it out Gryph. Fingers crossed for a PC release only a month or two down the line :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Bloody Xbox.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Indigo64
Gryphon wrote:GAAAARGH!

YUO GIEV PC PLATFORRM NWO! I KNWO WEY YIO LIEV I KILL JOO INGAME THEN I KILL IN REAL LYFE *******!
I dunno - sounds kinda like Ahhnold. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Futile Resistance
Indigo64 wrote:
ROFL! :lol: :lol: :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:40 pm

Ambush
Indigo64 wrote:

ARG GET DOWN!

:lol: :lol:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:41 pm

Padishar
The game looks AWESOME! But is the type of game I would only play on the puter, not the Xcrapbox.
Regulate drunken matches of fighting, racing and sports games to the consoles..... and keep the real meat and potatoes for the puter. TYVM.

:cool:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:05 pm

Kon
Indigo64 wrote:

"Get in dee choppa if you vant to livve!"
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:16 am

Ambush
Padishar wrote:The game looks AWESOME! But is the type of game I would only play on the puter, not the Xcrapbox.
Regulate drunken matches of fighting, racing and sports games to the consoles..... and keep the real meat and potatoes for the puter. TYVM.

:cool:
you wanna see meat and potatoes?

http://gear.ign.com/articles/695/695507p1.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:38 am

Padishar
Rock'n :thumb: That is definately a thing of beauty :cool:
Yeah, ever since we seen that in Feb MPC showed they could overclock a P4 3.46 system past 5Ghz with phase change cooling, Intel supporters have climbed out from under the woodwork and got'n the courage to give voice against AMD users......

Too bad a single phase change device alone costs more then my newest computer did :sweat:

(last I checked it was around $900)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Futile Resistance
Curious why they only used a X850XT card :weird:

Was the X1xxx series not available? Or was there no phase/water cooling solution available for the card?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:23 pm

Kon
Speaking of the Xbox 360, I saw a deal in an EB flyer yesterday where you get $80 towards a 360 when you trade in your old Xbox. I'm thinking about borrowing $100 or from my parents since I only have about $270 at the moment. That way I can get a 360 with lag-free Oblivion.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:22 am

Ambush
Everybody should follow in Kahn's footsteps.....
Buy a 360....

:D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:22 am

Futile Resistance
Ambush wrote:Everybody should follow in Kahn's footsteps.....
Buy a 360....

:D
No... Steve Jobs, erm... I mean, Bill Gates, SAVE US ALL!

Oh wait, he owns the X360 doesn't he. Damn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:34 am

Stracius
No thanks, and I'll give you two reasons why.

Thief: Deadly Shadows, Deus Ex: Invisible War.

2 games I really would've thought great except one problem. The graphics. Both games were made for the xbox, then ported to the PC. The graphics were abysmal, almost grainy. If something that's supposed to look great on a TV looks like crap on my PC, then there's just no comparison in my mind. They seriously looked like they both had to be dumbed down graphically so they could run on that console.

So, no thanks.

p.s. yes, in case you didn't detect, I still harbor a lingering resentment for the injustice done to both games because of it :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:11 pm

Ambush
whoa whoa whoa now, you can't be hating on the 360 cause the original.....

Th original sucks balls, i'll so agree with you on that, thats why I own a PS2 :D

But the 360 is serious, I mean I just woke up. I ended up playing Dynasty Warriors 5 till 6:30 in the mornin.... :weird:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:58 pm

Brandonheat
Bah, looks like it going to be an Jade Empire in space :smack: I wish Bioware would it an PC game first and then port it over to the consoles.

Return to “General Discussions”