Great diagnostic utility

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Great diagnostic utility

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:33 am

esd
I was swearing about the shortfalls of DXDiag, and wanting a way to poke my nose further into the bowls of my PC when I found PC Wizard.

I'm damn glad I did! Freeware, examines your system in extreme depth (knew the manufacture dates of my monitor and RAM, and the first name of the guy that QA'd my motherboard), benchmarks, lets you look at the windows system configuration files in human-readable form, provides overclocking information, lets you dump the contents of your BIOS and will output the whole shebang in .txt or .html form. Accesses onboard sensors too (temperatures and fan speeds).

Yeah, I sound like a salesman, but I've been using it for a week or so now, and have just started prodding other people to it.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:40 am

Stracius
Yah, I'm definitely keeping it around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:58 am

Indigo64
Ah yes, the guys who made CPU-Z. Rock on, I'll have to try it out.

Re: Great diagnostic utility

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:28 am

Ambush
esd wrote:knew the manufacture dates of my monitor and RAM, and the first name of the guy that QA'd my motherboard.
holy.....I really gotta try this one.. :thumb:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:19 am

BlackDove
Fairly awesome, didn't know a few things about the processor, just found them out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:57 pm

Futile Resistance
Half of my components are refurb! :eek:

lol jk :sweat:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 pm

Ambush
ummm, my mainboard..um about that.. is it good if all the General Info like version, serial number and such say To Be Filled By O.E.M.??
:confused:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:28 am

Padishar
Indigo64 wrote:Ah yes, the guys who made CPU-Z. Rock on, I'll have to try it out.
:cool:

Def will check it out also, thx esd

*edit* Oops, had already installed it previously from a MaxiumPC disk... just hadn't got around to checking it out yet. Good program :sweat:

Return to “General Discussions”