V for Vendetta.

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

V for Vendetta.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:53 am

Chimera
V for Vendetta. Incredible, an Alan Moore comic done cinematic justice. A good comic and movie made more thoughtful given the current times and issues.

His (Alan Moore) other works transformed into cinematicrap? From Hell and Leauge of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:32 am

Stracius
Never read the comic, but I thought the film was fantastic. Overdid it in certain spots with the blood, but otherwise I was enthralled. Great actors all around, esp. the leads.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:38 am

Indigo64
Been wanting to go see it, but seeing as how I'm trading Barnes & Noble gift cards from work for Gas money with my family... eh... yeah.

Glad to hear it was good however. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:38 pm

Chill
watched it yesterday, was brilliant
"Chill is a good guy... with a weakness for trolling & anti-authority"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Futile Resistance
Enjoyed it, though I could've done less with the lyricals... And watching it with only 3 hours of sleep in me for the day made me nod off during a scene :sweat:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:45 am

BlackDove
I saw it.

What exactly about it was thought provoking? Multiple people keep saying that.

Anyway, my impressions:

Skillfull editing.

Great costumes.

Abysmal story (especially when it starts nearing the end, when it turns to fantasy more than anything, and the overly predictable course it takes).

Abysmal script (right from the get-go when he utters his first soliloquy, I see that old habits of Matrix 3 die hard when you need to find complex words as to try and obtuse the viewer - Mission:Failed... "Insipid").

Good acting execution, the actors squeezed the most out of it, especially Portman, she could play anything with a good amount of credibility. Skillfull.

Special Effects were as per usual predictable, although I believe they stole the knife thing from somewhere (I guess D&D games - not exactly proficient in the whole "blue halo around blade", but that's where it screams from - like in the Lord of the Rings 1 with Frodo's auto-detecting sword)

And that's it.

Rather... not worth my time. I didn't need to see the movie to know that Hitler is bad and that Homosexuality is good. I can see that whenever I turn on regular television. And that's why I don't watch regular television.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:01 am

Stracius
Thought provoking? Heh. Were these people the type that never previously thought about what happens when you give your government too much power? That's about all I can think of.

Yeah, the script was rather lacking. And though the story was predictable, I still enjoyed it. Specifically because of the actors telling it. I'll likely still get it when it goes retail.

As for the blue blades.. I dunno. Maybe they figured he was throwing them at the speed of light, and we were viewing them from a slightly oncoming angle :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:47 pm

M.Steiner
Been meaning to see this, gonna watch it as soon as i can. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:35 am

Padishar
Same

Almost seen it tonight but plans fell thru, hopefully will get to see it tommorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:29 pm

Dodotorpedo
Me and some friends (Xel/Bob/Rishen) saw the movie today, great movie if you ask me :) loved it.

Next major movie I'm looking out for is the Davinci Code

Return to “General Discussions”