The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Been a while since I contributed here, but I'm hereby starting my Life is Strange 2 series (long overdue). So my choices abound! Spoilerified though, obviously :)

Life is Strange 2: Episode 1 (PC)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 am

M.Steiner
You'll have to let us know how you find the rest of the series! I was very impressed with the first two episodes and became very quickly attached to the characters but I ended up getting distracted with other games after that and haven't gone back to it since. I really need to as it was shaping up to be pretty special.

I will always be thankful for ep 2 which is where I discovered and became a big fan of First Aid Kit. I had admittedly heard one of their songs before (was actually in Tales from the Borderlands) but it was LiS 2 which got me checking out the rest of their stuff on Spotify, resulting in me buying most of their albums heh. Dontnod really are great when it comes to picking music in their games!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 am
You'll have to let us know how you find the rest of the series! I was very impressed with the first two episodes and became very quickly attached to the characters but I ended up getting distracted with other games after that and haven't gone back to it since. I really need to as it was shaping up to be pretty special.

I will always be thankful for ep 2 which is where I discovered and became a big fan of First Aid Kit. I had admittedly heard one of their songs before (was actually in Tales from the Borderlands) but it was LiS 2 which got me checking out the rest of their stuff on Spotify, resulting in me buying most of their albums heh. Dontnod really are great when it comes to picking music in their games!

Haha, I just finished Episode 2 and came here to post my choices before heading to Youtube to find that song :lol: Thanks for sharing bud, and good taste - very catchy!!! Hope we see more of Cassidy too going forward!

Anyway, choices:

Life is Strange 2: Episode 2 (PC)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Life is Strange 2: Episode 3 (PC)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Life is Strange 2: Episode 4 (PC)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm

M.Steiner
Will wait until I've gone back and finished the series before I click those spoiler tags but looking forward to seeing what kinda choices you've made & hearing your overall thoughts (spoiler free ofc!) once you're done mate :)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC)

Image Image
Image Image

Resident Evil 3 Remake is out next week but as Final Fantasy VII Remake is out the week after I think I'll probably hold off on starting that. Can't believe FFVIIR is only 2 weeks away though! Part 1 at least haha :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:23 pm

M.Steiner
Resident Evil 3 Remake Demo (PC)

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Life is Strange 2: Episode 5 (PC)

So I finished LIS2. Overall, I really enjoyed it - it was a really powerful game that told a serious, powerful story. Episode 5 in particular was very emotionally cutting, and a desperately sad reflection of what life can be for some people. A definite worthy entry into my favourite game franchise. I actually really hope Deck Nine get to do another "Before the Storm", as I would really love to play some of Sean's life in Seattle before the game begins.

My choices are above. I didn't take many screenshots throughout the game though, as I was more focused on the story than looking for photo shots. But I did take some shots of the end of the game, to show how Sean's story ended up for me:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It was super sad to see that ending. I think I did the right thing in surrendering, because as the couple in jail said - there's a reason people are all running FROM Mexico. It's no place to go with a ten year old to try and live, especially one who would so easily raise the interest of organised crime with his abilities. I also doubted there would be anything in Puerto Lobos after all the years since Esteban left. And if any footage or stories of Daniel survived the escape, there's no way the FBI would stop chasing him.

It was horrible to see Sean after 15 years in prison though. At least Daniel, Karen and Lyla (yay, I was hoping they'd reunite at some point as she was such a good friend to him) came to see him. But yeah...seeing him so shocked to get out was tough. And then seeing him totally break down when he did the trek into the woods with Daniel? Heartbreaking to watch. Jail broke him, and it left me no longer sure I DID do the right thing.

What I really wanted was for him to end up with Lyla and happy, but I feel like he ended up a long way from that. But then, isn't the mark of a good game that it makes you question these things?

Also, on a really specific note (and I'm not spoilering this because I'm not getting specific), I loved that the game followed up on my choices in LIS1 and gave some hints and details as to how life went for Max and Chloe after I left them. Not too much detail, nor too little, just enough to give an inkling into where their path led them:

I will say that I was really surprised to find David turned up and see him changed so much! But reading the letters and looking around his trailer, it all kind of fit. Very sad to see how much it affected him, but happy that it ultimately brought him and Chloe together. They both deserved it.

I really hope it's not too long before Dontnod do a third game (or, as I say, we get another prequel)! Really do love this franchise!

Return to “General Discussions”