Ok, now what?

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Ok, now what?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:45 am

Inquisitor
Arriones is my dude. He's a big dude (forget the race), and a soldier.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:29 am

JarodRah
OK well I can set aside some time to show you the ropes tomorrow if you like.

also, there are several links to starter guides. But gotta Noobie island to start, swim to the beach and talk to th dude there. Take his missions, do them, and kill kill kill :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:18 am

Blue Star
Find any creature you want and blast the crap out of it. Your first weapon has ammo so no need to worry about it.

Start checking out various NPCs for different quests. One of them gives the Omni-Tek Shoulderpad which is a decent bit of armor at the start.

There's two things you should get right from the start - Get as low QL rookie armor as you can from the NPC and sign up for Omni-Tek ASAP from near the port. If you're around I'll probably guide you (been thinking about making another char anyway). The reason is that then you can get the OT tokens, which when merged from that armor gives you OT starter armor - Decent bonuses for a rookie, but it's also levelling :D (which means by right-clicking on a piece in the inventory, you can increase its QL and bonuses. Do this every time you level).

Those rats and leets on the beach will only be good for so long. After a short bit, you should head to the docks below and start taking on the robot mobs. This is especially important, as there's an drop item (can't remember which) that when merged with your starter rifle will make a more powerful rifle, the BO-18.

Few other things I can't remember at this time, but they cover a lot for now :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:32 pm

esd
I bought a screwdriver and tradeskilled myself a better rifle. I was using that well into the subway.

Also, if you get the creds, make sure you buy several sets of Omnitech sunglasses, Omnitech Instruction Manuals and Omnitech armour converters.

They cost a few thousand on n00b island, but sell for hundreds of thousands.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:12 pm

Inquisitor
How do you attack?

Too many games with completely different controls.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:10 pm

Athon Solo
You'll generally attack anything that attacks you (this can be turned off under Actions -> Settings -> Options (or similar)). You can also use the icon the looks like a crosshair in your quickbar / actionbar.

The attack control should be on the left of action bar 1 (mouse wheel scrolls through action bars, or use the up/down arrows on the left side) by default - if it's not you can go to Actions -> Attaking -> Attack and click-and drag the icon off the menu until you get an icon under your cursor - now release the left mouse button (lmb) and drag it to where you want it on your actionbar and single-click.

Athon Solo
Eve: Athon Solo - Gallente

Looking forward to:
Supreme Commander
Fallen Earth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:24 pm

Thalastian
Ed message me in game and I will help you my alts are

Thalaztian
Xanthra
Cygen
Irritus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:55 am

BlackDove
Inquisitor wrote:How do you attack?

Too many games with completely different controls.
Ctrl+2.

Those are your basic controls (some of them you can't use though). You click on one, hold it, drag it to the Quickbar.... oh lookie, you have them in your quickbar already (if quickbar isn't there, press "y")

Quickbar = numbers 1,2,3, etc. to 0.

Pressing 1 attacks the target. :p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:48 pm

esd
Q is also the default keyboard mapping for "begin attack".
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:21 pm

Tepa
pass me a message when u get into rome ed
Lexity and Laxity my chars
il try craft to you some nice lowbie armor & rummage my sock box for old low QL stuff which u be able to use.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:43 pm

Inquisitor
I had installed this on the new laptop, which is currently in pieces awaiting hte new keyboard :)

So not got a chance to try it yet.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:25 pm

Inquisitor
Dorked around on n00b island, not sure how to do anything :)

Did manage to kill a few things, managed to level I think, and allocated "skill points" but all in all, I am very lost :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:44 pm

NF
Arbiter
I got a lvl 12 Crat I'm training up (called "Rhova") so if you fancy joiing up for some missions/subway action quiz just give us a shout. :)
NF

Return to “Anarchy Online”