TRANSPORT - where can I find some?

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

TRANSPORT - where can I find some?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:03 am

esd
I want to go exploring, especially as my Agent's speciality is maps (and I'm now equipped with NF's Mega-Map). For that I need some transport.

Where can I get some?
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:22 pm

NF
Arbiter
There are dedicated shops which sell vehicles, i believe theres one in Rome Green at 413x287.. they're called "Special" supermarkets, think there is one in Rome Blue but not found it yet..

Vehicles come in three types (from stratics):

Ground Vehicles - (cars)
Ground vehicles are the first attainable vehicle type for most players on Rubi-Ka, and come in two main varietys, the Kodiak and the Mid (may be more but I haven't seen them!) These cars start around QL 25ish and go through all the way to over QL100+ (but by that time most folk want a yalmaha, but more on that later!)

The cheapest cars you can buy start at around 30,000 credits and rise through to the 300k+ QL ones. Still even 30k can be expensive to a lower level player. Cars, although rare, can be found in missions, just like all vehicles can, just don't hold your breath waiting!

Cars increase your run speed, but decrease your AC and do not allow the casting of nanos while in the car (you can though use med kits and other boosters. You can be shot at, and killed while in your car so be warned!

To 'get-in' a car you place it in the HUD1 section of your weapons tab in the 'Wear' section of your menu. It takes about 15-20 secs to get in the car, then you appear on screen as the car itself. There are no changes to your GUI or controls when in a car
Cars use the 'Vehicle Ground' skill to operate, usually at least 100+, this skill can be found in the navigation section of your skills menu.

Recently a new style of vehicle has started to appear from all reports - An Omni Gunship, it flys like a Yalmaha (see section below) but requires Vehicle Ground to use as well as Ranged energy as it has an on-board weapon! At the moment this is the only vehicle that can fire weapons, but the upcoming booster pack is rumoured to include many more!

Air Vehicles - (planes)
One variety here - Yalmahas - affectionately nicked 'Yalms' by many players, these are the ultimate way to travel around Rubi-Ka

First the bad news the cheapest Yalmaha you can buy start at around 3.5 million credits (yes I did say million) and rise through to the 7-8 million QL ones (probably more). Obviously thats a major outlay for most of the playerbase. You have two options really, save like crazy or hope you get lucky and one pops up in a mission chest. Mine for the record appeared in a mission in Wailing Wastes at level 52.

The lowest QL is 30 and requires 80 'Vehicle Air' to operate, at QL50 its around 160 and keeps rising. The main difference between QL is the speed bost, but given thats not the most important factor any QL Yalm is good and the fewer IP you need to spend the better.

Planes increase your run speed and decrease your AC and do not allow the casting of nanos just like a car. You can be shot at, and killed while in your Yalm too so whats the deal, why are they so great?

Well, you can fly, REALLY FLY!

When in a Yalm (you get in in the same manner as a car) holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse moves the nose of your plane point it up and run forward and you go up in the air! This means that you can fly well above the ground, and thus well out of the reach of most nasties down below, making navigating even dangerous zones much, much easier.

Hydro:
Dont bother with these at all, complete waste of time...
NF

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:30 pm

JarodRah
Yeah vehicles can start being operated at around level 30, in the mean time use the Whompas and the grid to travel from city to city.
Sc-Fi Gaming
Mechs
Kicking Eds butt in Lore

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:36 pm

esd
Whompas and the grid
huh?
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:43 pm

JarodRah
IF its a matter of credits to buy one let me know I will float you some.

As for the Grid - it is a panel that jumps you into a computer grid that lets you travel to many different locations. I beleive the on in Rome is in Rome Red.

The Whompas goto specific places, again in Rome these are located in Rome red. Iwill have to find a grid and Whompa Map and post it.

Return to “Anarchy Online”