Requesting a load of dyes

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Requesting a load of dyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:33 pm

Blue Star
Yesterday, I noticed the concept of colour dyes and applying them together - Then I got interested in mixing dyes together to make varied colours :D

We all know what happened with the cape design ;) but what I thought was interesting was if an "SSX" mix could be mixed to apply on various member's clothes to make a more "uniform" look along with the cape (I'm not saying uniform outright because having a mandatory one can be pointless - Having it as an option though might be a bit more worthwhile ;))

The only problem with this - Dyes can be expensive to buy. Ranging from 100g each for the basic ones, and a damn sight more for silver & especially black :eek: ). Getting them from loot, on the other hand... ;)

So if you get a dye, instead of selling it let me know. More dyes mean that more experimentations can be done with the colours so it can be gotten right :D Especially important are blues, purples and silvers. :)

I'll post whatever mixtures are made up so they can be discussed.

Ta for anyone helping out :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:43 pm

Blue Star
First batch made earlier today. This one was made by mixing Blue + Silver + Purple, and then applying it to some Monk Pants:
Looks fine but a little too light IMO. Having said that, black dye is at a premium so forgetting it might be a decent idea :)
Last edited by Blue Star on Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:45 pm

CoLdBooT
Not sure if you know it but there are dye programs out there that you can play with out of game trying every combination possible :) I have one at home but haven't played with it much yet.

Definitely cheaper :)

CB
Past - DAoC/SWG
Present - EQ2/Guild Wars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:08 pm

Futile Resistance
CoLdBooT wrote: Definitely cheaper :)
:lol:

Here're some basic mixes posted at the IGN vault website
CLICKIE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:16 pm

Blue Star
CoLdBooT wrote:Not sure if you know it but there are dye programs out there that you can play with out of game trying every combination possible :) I have one at home but haven't played with it much yet.

Definitely cheaper :)
Naturally I did a Google beforehand to save the gold :p

Unfortunately, the only one I've found is ColorMix - Which has been having mixed reports on whether a trojan dropper is included or not. The only server confirmed to be clean was overloaded :(

Besides, I'm not sure whether the mix programs only get the colour or "apply" it on a make-up screenie (i.e. show the colour on the clothes). Problem is if it's the latter, the results of the prog & the actual in-game colour might be different :(

If you know any more colour mix programs though, link me :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:27 pm

CoLdBooT
Yes it's colormix I was talking about.

The one I have doesn't have a trojan in it.

The colors are correct but lighting affects the colors in game.

I did the 3 colors you mixed and got the same color except it looks darker in the program (they show about 3 or 4 shades in the "bucket").

It's still a good way to at least get a starting point on what combo's you want to try in game.

If you don't have the program yet I can dump it up on one of my sites for people to grab.

CB
Past - DAoC/SWG
Present - EQ2/Guild Wars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Blue Star
Cool :)

Send me a link via PM if you can :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:04 pm

Crystalynn
One thing to keep in mind, also, is that some combinations will look differenct on some armors. For instance, any kind of yellow will have a greenish hue on my tatooed monk armor because its' naturally blue. I wish I could remove that die and take the blue out!!

i also wish I could die the bra and loin cloth but that's totally unrelated ;)

~Crystalynn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:08 am

Messiah
I wish you could dye the bra and loincloth, too.

Just kidding, coldboot ..... as far as you know.

;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:33 am

Crystalynn
:D

Return to “Guild Wars”