HoH and guild activity

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

HoH and guild activity

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 pm

Serberus
Ive been playinga bit of HoH recently as have a few other people but i would like to get the guild doing this more. Problem is our guild in game despite having bout 20 people isnt very active all the time. We need to step up recruiting a little bit i think.

On that note i dont think we should change our recruiting rules as their are some right cockheads in the game. I think we should aim for gettinga few more high lvl people in the guild. As this would alow us to be more active in HoH as well as guild fighting. Winning HoH also gives weapons that are better than pretty much any ingame one.

Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:47 pm

Inquisitor
No jerks. That's my only rule.

Invite them in, get them to play with 2 total members, and get those members (you can be one of the 2) to say "cool with me, bring him on."

Oh yeah, no jerks.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:08 am

M.Steiner
Try recruit people of all different lvls as well, and not just the high lvl players.
Thing thats worked out well with our WoW group is we have people ranging from lvl 1 to lvl 60 so everyone has a nice little group of people around their lvl that they can quest with n what not. Always a good thing imo. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:17 am

Messiah
Be nice to people. I have been giving away stuff to fellow mission party members for nothing. Builds reputation. It is the neighborly thing to do.

It seems to me that there are not a lot of unguilded high level characters. I think most of those who are high level have been approached many times by many guilds. If they are high level and unguilded, chances are they are confirmed independents or waiting for friends to create a guild. I think recruiting at lower levels is probably easier.

I was actually thinking that after I ascend, I would start a new character and hang out in tutorial a while. A lot of people there could use help, both in material and information, and providing that help is a great way to meet people and gain members. The people we want are attracted to people of character, and offering assistance without expectation is a sign of our good character.

That being said, I have never been a strong recruiter. I am willing to try, however.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:42 am

Padishar
I give a alot of stuff away at Ascalon after the tutorial, as there are alot of new starting people there often. Also when people state they are looking for a guild I direct them to the forums.

Unlike WOW, you cant just roll up on someone struggling or in need of help in the middle of a mission and help out. Also our process of guild 'matchmaking' has always been a farely 'slow' process and GW mechanics slow this even more.

A suggestion of what I have tried is make sure they have seen our forums, read up on us, and if still want to be with us, guild them on a new temp recruit to be like status (this doesn't make them a FULL member btw). That way we can all communicate with them, adventure some what and help out... while getting to know them. I would also suggest not over extending yourself and doing this with more then a couple people at a time.

Perhaps even posting here who you have brought in, how well they are doing, and such to make it easier for all to know who is who.
Reason I say this is if alot of us start recruiting at once, it can get really confusing when we get the inevitable bad seeds. If no one knows who they are or who they are 'under' so to speak, uneeded chaos brews. Luckily GW states who guilded who, but if that person doesn't play much, people may not have the dilleo of what is up with what member or who they really are.

Hope that makes sense.... still on some hefty meds.... LOL

Well...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:07 am

Kaos
I have to agree with serb, im really looking forward to putting together a team of us lot, even if we arent great at first, we'd learn, but to do that we need to be able to have a team of SSX. Also looking forward to seeing "Shattered Star Exiles Has Won A Battle In Hall Of Heroes...." lol, but im patient. I love the guild atmosphere, and think thats out main quality right now, so to be honest approching random level 20 players just doesnt seem the way I guess.

I know I only knew serb at first, but hope im not really an outsider still. And I like that. I started in a guild where someone randomly recruited me, and didnt like it to be honest, had more members then than we do now, so I think the personal approach keeps the flavour of the guild that we have now. I plan on getting a few friends trying to play, cos i think thatd be pretty cool, so would like them involved, but perhaps people are right, bring em onto the forums, let them make their own choice, then maybe run a few missions.

Again i know im new, ut although slow to get to know everyone, would hate to find someone joins and is basically not the kind of person we want to be around? Dunno if anyone else feels this way, but some people ive seen in game, and things ive seen said, no thanks, I dont want to be assosciated with that. HoH here we come though, as people are getting enough skills for decent PvP chars even if we arent at level 20 yet!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:43 am

Inquisitor
And this is why we let you stick around, Kaos ;)

Don't be afraid of inviting someone though, we can always kick em out later if they don;t fit. Chances are good they will leave of their own accord though, people don't have the patience for folks like us.

If you play with someone, or you PvP with (or I guess, against) someone and like their style, offer 'em a cape ;)

Worse that happens is they suck as a person and we show 'em the door.
No signature

Return to “Guild Wars”