Mod Meeting 14/08/06

Moderator: Global Moderators

Mod Meeting 14/08/06

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:31 pm

NightDreams
Once again it was the fun time of the mod meeting, there we were in the bar all ready to start when someone says"they dont sell beer here" So off we went to find a better bar in SW
Below is what we covered.

Main points of the meeting

Naxx
DKP- We are keeping to the system and amounts we have now. We are working on DKP prices for all the Naxx items atm and should have it done for when we go :P
The Staff As we all know there is a nice orange Staff in Naxx which takes ages to get all the parts for. When the first Shard drops it will be bidded on as normal and from there the person who won it will have priority on the other shards.
Atunments - Everyone should be working on getting this done. If you are having problems with this please let your class leader know.
Reses Items The cost of Reses items is being looked at, we are looking at lower the cost of these items.

Raiding
AFKing We will no longer wait for every single person before starting a fight. If u have to go AFK let your class leader know. If it something which cant wait then no worries go AFK and let your class leader know on your return.
If you AFK for no good reason there is a very high chance you will be removed from the raid or replaced.
Speed Again we are looking at speeding up raiding so that we can finish earlier and not have people falling asleep at the computers (Ava) :P
Invites - Will be starting earlier so that we can start the raiding as close to 20.00 server time as we can. People should make there way to the place we are raiding from 19.30 server time. There is nothing worse then inviting someone and seeing them still in IF or SW at 20.00 when everyone else is ready to start clearing
MC As we are now starting Naxx and there is very few mains who still need gear from MC we will only be going there once every few weeks.

Other notes
New Mains
If you switch to a new main you can have your DKP moved from your old main to the new one. THIS will only been done ONCE and ONCE only.

Any questions or points pls add
Mip
Lies can be good, If they are put to good use.

Re: Mod Meeting 14/08/06

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:37 am

Armed
NightDreams wrote: New Mains
If you switch to a new main you can have your DKP moved from your old main to the new one. THIS will only been done ONCE and ONCE only.
Note that you CAN switch to a new main more than once but we will not transfer your dkp again. Just wanted to clarify it a bit :)
Armed - 60 NE Warrior (Outland)
Khargol - 60 Troll Shaman (Daggerspine)
Sinh - 60 NE Facemelter (Outland)
Luciuz - 60 UD mage (Neptulon)
Piltim - 51Gnome Legstabber (Outland)
Bangbang - 28 NE Hunter (Outland)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:09 pm

Zebohraath
I think this is bad cause I dont have nice epix I wont have epix if we have the dkp current if we switch i get phat loot cause im a mt. :D :D :D
and i also want the orange staff for rp i mean why should i not have it cause i want it??? :smack: :smack: :smack: and if you bwl go on friday it sux cause i dont get phat epix, kinda sad cause i rely deserve it :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just my 2c
Vilse i Pannkakan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:57 pm

QuantumDelta
Suggestion:
Find if there's any guilds(alliance) on server who can't kill rag yet, and buy him from them, kill him, go bye bye. :p
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:38 am

Janell
Ooooor, you let those people try rag themselves so one day they too have him on farm :p

Just split mc, make a rule: Longer then 3 hours (from gehennas-rag) and we call it off. People might be motivated to do it faster then (Just a suggestion).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:06 am

sam.freak
Zebo you nib it's not even available for Warriors.

Oh and the shiny orange staff would also mean a significant amount of dedication from the player -- don't expect us to just give any shards that drop to just anyone who raids like once a month or anything. Or an alt. Something like that. We cross that bridge when we get to it.
I loot Legendaries.

http://ctprofiles.net/1752

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:56 am

Galador
Janell wrote:Ooooor, you let those people try rag themselves so one day they too have him on farm :p

Just split mc, make a rule: Longer then 3 hours (from gehennas-rag) and we call it off. People might be motivated to do it faster then (Just a suggestion).
It was decided to decrease the frequency of doing MC to once every 2-3weeks. Starting Naxx and still trying to clear the post-Twin Emps trash and eventually attempting C'Thun means that we have to focus all our raiding efforts on these 2 instances. Assuming that we have 1 night for BWL clear and wanting to keep Mon/Tue as free spare non-raiding days, this leaves us with 4 raiding days of which we currently at least need 2 to get to Twin Emps and the remaining 2 for Naxx and/or C'thun trash/attempts.

It was also suggested that MC can become a spare instance to raid casually if we fail to have the people on for any of the above mentioned raiding appointments. But I expect and hope that this will be the exception and not the rule.

QD's suggestion is actually interesting but we have to see if it's actually viable and if we, as a guild, want to actually do that or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:04 pm

Brittfire
QD sees it as "paid advisors"

i see it as rentboys... ;D

but then, anything for my damn ds legs (go loot chalan!)

(i myself will be charging 10% per boss downed and 3g per trash pack)
TBC update
tomato ketchup will be a required reagent for feign death and rogues can apply huntersmark with a crayon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:11 am

Integra
maby some ppl wanna do MC sometime in the weekend during the day. spit it in 2 days 14:00-17:00 or something. maby just an idea. but can imagine u wanna do something else in ur weekend :p or just to much raiding on a day.
Pierce me with swords, rend me with claw and fang. As i die a legend will be born for another generation to fallow.

Lucia -60- lock
Aeris -60- Priest
Integra -60- Hunter
Lunarcry -60- Druid
Brenda -60- Paladin
ZapDragon -Lvling- Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:10 am

Arche
MC can be done switching between saturdays and sundays between 12:00 GMT (13:00CEST) and 18:30(19:30CEST). Seeing as the set items have already been lowered with 10 dkp, I don't see any need to lower dkp values in these runs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:57 pm

Riccko
MC can be done switching between saturdays and sundays between 12:00 GMT (13:00CEST) and 18:30(19:30CEST).
maby some ppl wanna do MC sometime in the weekend during the day. spit it in 2 days 14:00-17:00 or something.

Don't these ppl have lives :D
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:57 pm

Brittfire
during the day!, so those that work and find it hard enuff to gear a char up for bwl will just fall over and die in exasperation....
TBC update
tomato ketchup will be a required reagent for feign death and rogues can apply huntersmark with a crayon!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:17 am

Selistair
I can understand that people who have geared up in MC etc feel that MC is no longer needed, that it's just done for... niblets like me :P well what i feel right now is that i still wanna go MC because i would like to, one day, be tanking of somekind for the guild :) Maybe there's a guild we can work with (help) to clear... i dunno but i know i still want to do MC :)
Kramgo ULTIMATEDARGONSLAYERHUMANWARRIOR (OPS SHIFT!1)
Utlandet

Fact: Woad once had cancer, but drank a glass of Sprite and burped it out.
Fact: Woad was almost molested by Michael Jackson. Woad hit him so hard it turned him white.
FTW = For the Woad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 am

Linkie
i still wanna do MC :( * needs Perdi =< *

and i agree with Seli maybe we can help out a other guild ^^
WoW:
NE Rogue LvL 60 Called Linkie

GW:
Eli/Mon LvL 8 Called Sakura The Small

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:10 am

Sondemon
Thing is Seli, with good enough blue gear and ZG / AQ stuff, we're taking in ppl to BWL if we cut back on MC, you'll still get to raid with us, but this is something the CLs really need to think about when inviting.
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:40 am

Selistair
I understand there's alot of thought behind this and I understand that there's no thought of leaving people behind :)
But is there then any thought of letting people earn dkp during zg/aq20 runs? because otherwise it would be hard to afford gear from bwl since it's more expensive than the tier 1 set in MC.

:thumb:
Utlandet

Fact: Woad was almost molested by Michael Jackson. Woad hit him so hard it turned him white.
FTW = For the Woad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Eolas
Guys I would like to excuse myself for starting a bit of an unpleasant stir in gchat today - was definitely not my intention. After someone (dont remember who) said that we will be going to MC like once a month i just said in an unthreatening manner that it will be very difficult for me to get my 8/8 DS since I need my leggings from Ragnaros. I didnt want to be polemic in anyway but I feel my comment started a whole discussion on DKP MC gear and all that - I would like to apologise for my stupid comment which started all that. Was not my intention to do so but ended up doing it anyway. :(
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:30 pm

QuantumDelta
Selistair wrote:I understand there's alot of thought behind this and I understand that there's no thought of leaving people behind :)
But is there then any thought of letting people earn dkp during zg/aq20 runs? because otherwise it would be hard to afford gear from bwl since it's more expensive than the tier 1 set in MC.

:thumb:
Earning DKP during ZG/AQ20 runs will mean no more ZG/Aq20 runs which aren't directly led by the MC/BWL/AQ/Naxx Raid leaders, this will drastically reduce the number of runs you can go on.

further more, it's not practical, earning dkp where none is reliably spent leads to inflation - something the system is very delicately designed to avoid, whilst trying to be fair to everyone.

MC was (pre nerf) the same as BWL is now in terms of DKP Gains and expendatures with the exception of Nef (more or less, there are a few item specific exceptions).

ATM MC is being run for alts, running an instance of such magnatude just for alts is selfish to those who are there as alts.

The best blue gear in the game along with itemisation from ZG and AQ20 is enough to move into BWL and compete there, so this move by the moderators makes sense.

The point and case of it all, at the moment, is that MC is absorbing the same amount of time and effort on part of the raid organisers as BWL and AQ40, with Naxx on the cards for a regular raiding schedule you need to drop an instance, of which - MC is obviously the most logical (there is an argument or two that can be said for dropping AQ40, but that's not fair on a lot of people, and it's 'cheating our way through content' so shrug).

As it stands MC may as well be:

PuGed.
Done whlist assisting another guild (Octavarium?).
Done on a more periodic basis.

It really is a good decision, it just means people will have to put a lot more work into their 'alts' if they want to bring them to raids.

EG: Buying cores to get the gear for Vael.
EG: Making sure their gear is top notch for what is available to them without molten core.
EG: Onyxia attendance.

Earning DKP in ZG/AQ20 really really isn't something I would recommend you do, because it would have to be enforced, and it would change the nature of ZG/AQ runs.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:05 am

Sondemon
Thanks QD, I think this clarifies alot of our intentions. We don't wanna screw someone over, but unless ppl want to raid 7 days a week, 7 hours a night, we can't continue doing MC on a regular basis. So we've decided to swap around some, doing MC less, maybe drop AQ once every three weeks to go MC. And aslong as you put some effort into your gear, you can easily go BWL. I would consider my rogue I have BWL ready, except for his FR gear which I could work on some more, but dps wise / hp wise, he'd be ready to go into BWL, and I've played on him maybe 20-30 hours in instances to get certain gear.
Another thing this will require is more scholo/strat/ubrs runs for guildies, to get their gear that they might need. A good guildrun doesn't take that long, if you put some effort into it and don't play around too much. I'm not saying ppl should consider it on life or death but if you focus, a ubrs run can be done in bit over an hour if you just do rend and drakki, beast would only add 10min or so.

And as QD says, and as we said in our last meeting notes post, earning dkp in ZG/AQ won't happen, as you don't HAVE to spend the dkp to get items. In the beginning many many of the epics went for dkp, now less and less do, only if you really want something, you spend the dkp for it, some even spend it on blues if they really want it, which is doable but not mentioned much (you can spend dkp on blues, same value as epics, if you want something badly, just inform the looter about this as he links the items right away, and as always you can't spend dkp you don't have in ZG/AQ). And if you want to earn dkp for ZG/AQ, 1st you need to bring someone that can do the dkp and take attendance etc, you will HAVE to pay dkp for items, things won't be able to be rolled for anymore. Which QD already pointed out and I wish to mention again to make it more clear..

Now I'm tired and I'll stop this ^^
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:57 pm

Selistair
Understood :)
Utlandet

FTW = For the Woad

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”