BWL Tactics

Moderator: Global Moderators

BWL Tactics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:22 pm

Plovske
its a verry long read but might be worth it ;)

http://leftovers.groupee.net/groupee/fo ... /989104816
enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:38 pm

SSX-Andy
Browsed through it. Very detailed indeed.

Will give it a closer look. Nice find.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:10 pm

QuantumDelta
An excellent read.
Brings to the surface exactly what our raiders lack;
You need commitment.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:24 pm

Shoarmabob
very nice guide! :thumb:
is it a bird?
is it a plane?
NO!
IT'S SUPERBOB! HERE TO SAVE THE DAY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:29 pm

Chill
imo

its all about confidence + experience

we were all "omgawd rag is so had" and got pwned by him

now we arent so scared of him, we just own him np.

dont feel bad when we wipe, thats all part of the learning

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:07 pm

Dodotorpedo
Chill wrote:imo

its all about confidence + experience

we were all "omgawd rag is so had" and got pwned by him

now we arent so scared of him, we just own him np.

dont feel bad when we wipe, thats all part of the learning
Something serieus coming out of Chill's mouth? And it even makes a lot of sense xP Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:22 pm

Plovske
postign to get this back on top
enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:50 pm

Delphic
Nice guide indeed, but still the most important thing is Commitment, a big part of the members think exactly like this: WE are never gonna do it , its to hard! :smack: :smack: ....but once you get a boss down there they are like WTF we own :P...So lets Down vael and get the morale up! ;D ;D

GZ aeq :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:29 pm

QuantumDelta
Our morale is always up :p
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm

Dodotorpedo
QuantumDelta wrote:Our morale is always up :p
/agree 8D!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:27 am

Plovske
BIIIIEEEEEG gratz to all! VAEL DOWN YEAH!!!

p.s. aliwoo treats pie for all
enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:59 am

Galador
Yesterday was really awesome - gg all and thanks for never giving up. Reading up guide for hints on clearing the trash mobs and for Broodlord. C'mon guys let's make it happen together! :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:53 am

Caspae
Since the Fascist bastards (parents) took my wow account for a week ! ill give you morale support (perhaps silently perhaps ill do battle shouts on vent if i get a mic) !
Go go and make me proud !

ye can take me out of WoW BUT ya CANT get wow outta me ! woo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:23 pm

Galador
Great post Caspae (thx for the in game welcome by proxy btw :cool: ) - we will keep you in our hearts and minds as SSX marches forth thru BWL. Regardless of who the 40men in the dungeon will be, it's the whole community of SSX that will march together holding our precious name up high.

Proud to be SSX.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Dodotorpedo
Yeah I wanna get too broodlord and use that flask of supreme power I got xP Planned to use it during Vael but mean old QD made me use instant casts that only get 0,111 dmg increase from +dmg XP.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Caspae
Very , very , VERY long read. Strategies on the 3 dragons AFTER broodlord Lashlayer:

Firemaw

Wing Buffet: Frontal cone knockback (Aggro reducer).

Flame Buffet: Inflicts 139 - 161 Fire damage to an enemy and increases the Fire damage it takes by 150 for 60 seconds.

Shadow Flame: Inflicts 3938 - 5062 Shadow damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster (If the target doesnt have Onyxia Scale cloak, will receive a DoT that ticks for 2500, its a certain death.

IMPORTANT ADDITION!:
Jarka gave me a nice tip which ill be adding here :
as seen in the screens below : healers are out of the LOS of teh nasty dragon : Ranged dps are best to use INSTANT cast shots or low casting time and then move OUT of LoS to wait for the Cds to be over....
Hereby healers have only 1 target to heal , mages with iceblock is a different story ofc :>

The Pull

Firemaw patrols through the entire room after Broodlord. The first thing you face after killing Broodlord is some of BWLs few trashmobs, how to kill those are explained in the BWL trashmob guide. Clear the pack in the doorway, since you are going to tank Firemaw there.

When that is done clear the pack on the right-hand side as well before pulling the boss.

Once that is done buff up get ready for Firemaw. Once the room is clear he should be an easy pull.

Inside the room view

Healer / Ranged Dps view

The fight

Once the pull is made the warrior needs to get Firemaw into position.

Firemaw should be facing the iron fence to the left of the Broodlord doorway. This position is chosen due to the knock back

Well be talking about this knockback for a while since its a potential raid wiper due to our placement. As shown in the picture the offtanks placement is strategically placed. Once Firemaw is about to do the Wing Buffet the offtank slaps him a taunt, if it gets resisted be papered for your secondary taunt, challenging shout, if successful the offtank should be knocked into Broodlords room and out of harms way. Now you cant always rely on this since they will both get resisted from time to time and the main tank will receive an occasional knockback that will displace Fremaw and put the entire raid in danger.

Firemaw screenie 1

Firemaw Screenie 2

The rest of the raid should be standing diagonally in alignment with the main tank through the doorway as shown in the picture, this will make it so that the healers can line-of-sight the Flame Buffet and still be able to reach the tank, now as mentioned before the main tank will receive an occasional knockback from time to time changing Firemaws postion, at that time the healers will be hit by the Flame Buffet, there is nothing to do about it other than either moving out of sight or wait until the MT has him in position again.

The ranged DPS will stand with the healers, until firemaw is around 40%; there is no way for them to legitimately LoS (Line of Sight) the Flame Buffet so they have to run out in the Flame Buffet, hit him as much as they can and LoS it again and wait for its timer to run out, and go out again.

Once Firemaw is at 40% move into the next room way back to the right, there you can hide behind a little wall and still reach Firemaw. This is done due to MT getting knockbacks putting him lower on the hate list, this ensures that if he loses agro the healers wont get the Shadowflame, no one else except for the main tank, and occasionally the offtank and rogues, should be hit by Shadowflame. We cant underline this enough its VERY important for everyone to have their Onyxia Cloak equipped, especially for the close combat classes. It isnt a vital part in the raid but we STRONGLY recommend that everyone uses it for the first few tries.

For the close combat classes, there isnt anything else to do other than to have a very nice fire resistance gear. With that still, the close combat classes will occasionally have to run out to get healed//get rid of the flame buffet, and jump into the fight again.

Key item in this fight is fire resistance, all the tanks should have 315 or higher fire resistance it will otherwise be impossible to keep up your tank since the dot can stack up to 50 times, and then dealing 7500 dmg each tick.

---------====EbonRoc====-------------

Shadow Flame: Inflicts 3938 - 5062 Shadow damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster (If the target doesnt have Onyxia Scale cloak, will receive a DoT that ticks for 2500, its a certain death).

Wing Buffet: Frontal cone knockback. (Aggro reducer).

Shadow of Ebonroc: Puts a curse on the target that make Ebonroc heal for 25,000 HP each time he hits the cursed target (Cant be dispelled in any way or form). It can be resisted a Shadow Resistance of at least 240 is recommend you will see a resist rate of about 70/80% of all the attempts of him putting the curse on the tank. Duration 8 sec.

The Pull

Before even being able to pull Ebonroc youre going to have to clear out A LOT of trashmobs. Suggestion is to read through the trashmobs guides (will be added soon :>) so that your raid knows what to expect from these mobs. Once that is done get a hunter to pull him with his pet to the alcove shown in the picture.

The fight

The key to this fight is your tanks, youre going to have to use them all to counter the Shadow of Ebonroc. As soon as the MT has him in position and under control, the rest of the tanks go in along with the rogues. Each time the main tank gets the Shadow of Ebonroc one of the offtanks taunts him, if that gets resisted the next tank taunts and so on, now the taunt only lasts for 6 second and the curse is 8 seconds. Now you can choose to have a taunting rotation to minimize the amount of hits the main tank receive while he has the curse, or you are natural born killers and have a feeling for it already. We strongly recommend that you assign a taunt rotation with a minimum of 3 tanks. But within the first encounters you should use all taunters available, even druids if necessary.

Since its a taunt frenzy the Wing buffet doesnt really matter that much in this fight unless the ranged dps catches the agro in which case you are in real trouble.

This is a sensitive fight and everyone should be 110% clear on their position and know how to play their class.

The healers should be wide awake and see which of the tanks has the aggro since he will be switching very fast and all the tanks will require healing.

Our first kill took us approx 25 min and he healed for an amazing amount of health. But once you get the rhythm, this fight shouldnt take more than 8 10 min.

--------====Flamegor====--------

VERY much alike Firemaw :> Posting anyway , little difference :

Wing Buffet: Frontal cone knock back. (Aggro reducer).

Enrage: Flamegor gets enraged at which point he does an AoE that if very similar to Firemaws Flame Buffet, except it does not stack but is direct fire damage.

Shadow Flame: Inflicts 3938 - 5062 Shadow damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. (If the target doesnt have Onyxia Scale cloak, will receive a DoT that ticks for 2500, its a certain death.

Inside the room DPS view.

Outside the room Ranged/Healer view.

The fight

As mentioned above this fight is so similar to the Firemaw fight that we use the same positioning and tactics, with the addition of hunters tranquilising him when he gets enraged.

Once youve done the firemaw fight and have it under control, this fight should be a walk in the park.

And Daeron, i suggest you dont : Aggro-ceiling remember?
if not go read plovs post 0o
Last edited by Caspae on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Dodotorpedo
Caspae wrote: And Daeron, i suggest you dont : Aggro-ceiling remember?
if not go read plovs post 0o
Yeah I just read the tacts 8(

nice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:27 pm

Jarka
Closer to the time, or mybe when i currently have more time to write i will make a long read on chromaggus as that is the boss in BWL with whom i am most familiar. farmed him so many times but that NW mantle refused to drop until last week grrrr. He is perhaps the most complicated of the bosses but simple once youve run through it a few times. Its all about position and timing and the most concentrated decursing, de-diseasing, de-magic boss in BWL. So casters have to be on their toes. Ah heck i think i have time ;p. There is a spiral ramp leading to second floor of laboratory room. Chromaggus needs to be pulled there and tanked half way up the ramp. Now these follwing events are quite random except for 3. First, he does aoe curses diseases and magic debuffs that need to be removed swiftly as they are quite serious, however the are colour coded as follows: red is a disease, black is curse and blue is magic. Bronze is a debuff that cant be removed. it periodically stuns the afflicted player for about 2mins (VERY annyoing), however only a couple of people in whole raid ever get it. He also periodically goes into a frenzy so hunters need to get tranq shots in fast(he hits very hard). Throughout the fight chromaggus changes his spell vulnerabilities, and you are informed of what he is vulnerable to. So if frost mages start nuking, if shadow warlocks etc. ( damage is immensly amplified eg. your normal frostbolt does 500-700 ish when he is frost vulnerable it does 3000+). Now here are the things that happen every 15 seconds ish) First he has two breaths, frost and fire/poison: When he performs these breaths (countdown on ct_raid ofc) everyone except MT need to get out of his line of sight, hence why he is tanked on ramp so some people can hide above him and other behind walls on first floor, coz these breaths will kill most people except for tanks. Now he also every 15 secs or so perfomrs a timelapse. Now when this occurs everyone except for 1 off-tank needs to be in line of sight, coz time lapse freezes you in place for 5 secs and deaggros you completely. Chromaggus instantly goes for the off-tank who is obviously not frozen in timelapse. When MT unfreezes he needs to take chromaggus back to his ramp spot. If anyone resists chromaggus timelapse(does happen sometimes) RUN, un less you can iceblock/ feign death or woteva. Between breaths youcan nuke him, whoever if he isnt vulnerbale to your magic i suggest not wasting mana as your spells will do 100 or less damage. Keep alternating this pattern of avoiding breaths and in sight timelapse ( and removing debuffs ofc) and eventually he goes down. I know some of you will already know some of this fight from readings etc, but just wanted to help out a bit for people not so familiar. and rogues ofc just get stuck in with their dps and run up/down ramp out of sight for incoming breaths. Hope this helps for later on in BWL, I may post an idiots guide to nef later. Thanks for taking the time to read this length piece. Grats on Vael your commitment and effort has rewarded you. :thumb:
Try not, do or do not, there is NO try.

Member since god knows when
Jarka 60 rogue
plus 4 other level 60s

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:20 am

Galador
Yesterday we registered some good progress... I think we can say that we have mastered the talon pack pull quite well after a couple of a tries and we shudn't have much probs there in future runs. The suppression rooms are rather annoying (especially the respawns and that we will have to clear them on every Broodlord attempt) still we managed to pass them once and arrive to Broodlord (that last whelp-boss pull was a bit unlucky).

The suppression rooms require a lot of focus and coordination, apart from that I am sure we will master them soon and put in some Broodlord attempts (hint: read the Broodlord encounter guide esp his DPS sensitivity and his being non-tauntable).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:35 pm

QuantumDelta
Bump.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:06 pm

Omnichron
I was thinking about our bloodlord encounter yesterday. There was some nice (and fun imo) tries, but we failed due to loss of aggro from tanks. As most who has read guide know, this happened due to his ability to reduce the aggro the currrent MT he attacks has...

What if we had 2 more tanks there? That would make the average aggro from the tanks much higher, and would mean less chance of dps and healers to take aggro I think. Also, if one tank dies (which can happen quite easily), there are still chances of making it.

Maybe we need more quartertanks? (poke Losty) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:08 pm

sam.freak
Another problem I've noticed was this: As soon as BL shifted his aggro from one tank to the next the previous tank didn't receive any healing. That lead to situations where for example Zaranna was tanking, and say Arche, Armed, Avator all having a hp deficit of 1500 hp. And no one was healing them either.

This is a bad situation because as you know, once BL turns his attention back to one of the other tanks he will one-shot them as they need max HP to survive.
I loot Legendaries.

http://ctprofiles.net/1752

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:54 am

Sondemon
I noticed the same Kane, and I'm gonna make sure to keep an extra eye next time, on all the tanks.. Extra player targets or something
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:20 pm

Sofia
All Tanks should be kept alive, regardless. Focus all healing solely on them. If a tank dies, the aggro ceiling drops, which means ppl will reach it sooner & die. Healers / mages / locks should be aware that if they aggro BL, they reached the ceiling & all they can do is to die, preferable at the tanking spot.

On the other hand, dont heal the dps - ever. We take care of ourselfs.

Rogues / Hunters can manage their aggro at any given time. We take dmg, but we are able to bandage / pot / whipper root us through & every heal slaped at those classes is a useless step towards the aggro ceiling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:36 pm

Caspae
Broodlord had a rather high chance of going down last trys...
The unlucky fact of one of the hunters to forget to feign death and one of the mages(?) to get slapped into the supression packs mainly caused the whipe... IMho . If the tank hp issue noted above is fixed.... BR will go down. The mage bit was just Unlucky.:<

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”