Glamours, mounts etc!

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Re: Glamours, mounts etc!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:08 am

M.Steiner
Got my Bozjan armour set & resistance weapon levelled up to the current stage. It's rare I glam a full set of WHM gear but I actually really like this one :)
Image Image
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:43 pm

M.Steiner
RDM Glamour!
Image Image

Got a glowy resistance weapon for PLD as well but at this stage of the relic I still much prefer the anima I've already done so I'm still rockin' the same look as page 1 for that job (though one of each anima - blue sword/orange shield combo.).

Think I'm done with BSF for now. Reached current maxed rank, unlocked the exp boost earring, got everything I want from the shop, re-maxed clusters for future purchases & done enough Castrum runs for 2 full sets of armour (not going to bother with the upgraded versions of them). Will see what the next update for it brings :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Isileth
Yeah my RDM looks very similar, its hard to break away from that classic look, especially as the sets you acquire through the class quests suit it so well. Now ive made it my main class im going to have a look around for some different options, got a nice collection of Primal weapons already so just need the armour to match.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:23 am

M.Steiner
You'll have to share a pic or two once you've settled on a look :)

I wanted to stick with the iconic style & colours you'd expect of a RDM, but without just wearing a full set of job gear. Red Mage style hat options are quite limited though so I had to use a hat from one of those sets to get the look I wanted (kept the gloves too), but dyed Bozjan coat, boots & Scion pants.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 pm

M.Steiner
Revised RDM glam:

Hat is the from the new i520 tomestone gear (Bloodborne vibes :D) for casters, gloves from The Qitana Ravel, pants & boots are new additions to the Ishgard Restoration scrip shop. Kept the Bozjan Coat as I still love that!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:18 am

M.Steiner
5.45 stuff (upgraded relic + new barding, mount & armour from Delubrum Reginae)

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:20 pm

M.Steiner
New stuff!
Not gonna lie, the mount was a bitch to get due to the current field note drop rates (you need all 50) but I didn't want to take a break or grind it out over a longer period of time just in case the activity in those places died down again soon, thus making the process even more frustrating. Very glad to have finished it though & happy that I went for it haha. Makes up (somewhat) for the disappointment that we didn't get a Nier themed mount with the last raid!

Blade's Temperance (fully completed i535 resistance weapon), Al-iklil mount, smaller stubby minion, Bozjan barding, & a mix of glamour from all 3 Nier raids (minus the gloves)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

No more content drops now until Endwalker releases in Nov afaik. Will probably play some SP games in the meantime (Star Citizen aside) but I'll be keeping my sub active (and will still dip in & out anyway) so give me a shout if you guys resub & want to do some stuff together ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
That weapon looks sweeeeeet bud! Very happy you finally got your mount too :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:30 pm

M.Steiner
Thankies! The glow/animation effects on it are a little more subtle than I would have expected for a final stage relic but I like it! I can stick the previous stage's replica in my glamour dresser now too which will also be handy for future glam options.

I've been playing RDM exclusively for about 7 months now so haven't really touched WHM/PLD (not sure how much I'll use those in the future tbh, maybe just with you guys) but since I had a ton of platinum coins from all the Dalriada runs I've been doing I figured I'd pick these two Basch/Larsa inspired sets up for them as well:
Image Image
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:12 pm

M.Steiner
Not planning to go for any other tools atm but decided to get the rod :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:33 am

Anubis
Site Admin
That is a sweet looking rod :D

Get on the others ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:54 pm

M.Steiner
Image Image
Image Image
/me wipes sweat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 pm

M.Steiner
Updated my last post.
Done: FSH, BTN, MIN, CUL & ALC. That's my lot I think lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I have to say, that axe actually looks amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:03 pm

M.Steiner
Axe is my favourite too! :D

In terms of difficulty/speed the crafter tools are actually the easiest & quickest to obtain if you have the gil & provided you have decently melded gear to handle the final 4 star expert recipes. If you can afford it you can just buy all the mats needed to craft each stage straight off the marketboard (otherwise each stage is a mix of gathered mats & mats obtained with scrips) then it's just a case of setting your macro's up for crafting them all and sitting back.

Fishing would be next. If you enjoy fishing & find it relaxing this doesn't feel like much of a grind in all honesty & was actually pretty enjoyable for me. Have Twitch or something playing in picture-in-picture mode whilst you fish & make sure to take plenty of cordials with you (and some food) as you'll be chugging those on cooldown to keep Patience II up and limit your downtime.

Lastly, BTN/MIN. Same with the above with Cordials/Food & watching something on the side, just expect these two to take a lot longer as you gotta move around a lot & you'll be waiting for GP to refill more often. You'll definitely feel the grind with these... Also if the mats you need can be gathered in 2 different zones be sure to check them both as the nodes in one location may offer better yield results than the other & make things go a bit quicker for ya. I discovered this with MIN, after I'd finished BTN... lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:08 pm

M.Steiner
2 more mounts, 2 more tools lol

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Those shots of you crafting look so arty haha!

What are you working toward next bud? Another mount in the scopes? :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 am

M.Steiner
Main thing I'm doing atm is trying to recoup some of my losses since I spent a fortune on materia/mats etc recently from overmelding my DoH gear & funding all of those tools lol, whilst also working towards getting the "Honest Gillionaire" title (which you get as an achievement reward from earning 10mil from levequests). Lot of chill time with my DoL/DoH jobs atm! If I can make back what I lost + a bit more I might see about doing one more tool. Will see heh.

Next month I'll be grinding the Moogle Treasure Trove event (via PvP if that's possible again) for whatever goodies that has - hopefully another glowy Kamuy mount to add to my list (got 3 of 7 so far), maybe some glamours too. Once I've got those I'll use that to top my MGP up a bit more too in the hope they one day add a new super expensive mount alongside Fenrir/Sabotender.

In between that I want to have caught up with the Hildibrand quests by the time Endwalker releases and will ofc still be doing hunt trains as well.

Tempted to redecorate the ground floor of my house too as I've started to think that looks a bit rubbish compared to the downstairs area... just not sure what to do with it lol.

How about you mate? :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hahaha, definitely keeping yourself busy then!!! :lol: But seriously, good that you've got so much to keep your interest :D

As for me, my priority list is currently as follows:
  • Finish kitting out my DRG 530 gear (2 accessories left to go)
  • Kit out my SAM with 530 gear
  • Finish levelling DRK
  • Finish all the old raid tiers before Endwalker (since YoshiP suggested doing some of them)
  • Do the Stormblood Hildebrand quests!!!
  • Finish levelling MIN
So quite a bit to keep me going too, around other games as well! Just trying to do a couple of hours each day atm :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:15 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, same. Thankfully most of the upcoming games I'm interested in for the rest of this year are for Sep/Oct which is good since I know once Endwalker hits in Nov everything else will get ignored again :lol:

Has Yoshi-P hinted at any of those old raids being requirements for Endwalker at all btw (like they did with the Crystal Tower series)? Kinda hoping not lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:15 pm
Aye, same. Thankfully most of the upcoming games I'm interested in for the rest of this year are for Sep/Oct which is good since I know once Endwalker hits in Nov everything else will get ignored again :lol:

Has Yoshi-P hinted at any of those old raids being requirements for Endwalker at all btw (like they did with the Crystal Tower series)? Kinda hoping not lol.

Not requirements, but he said that if you've done them you'll get the most out of the story. Only a few of them (he gave a list), but I'm going to try and get them all done to be safe!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:05 pm

M.Steiner
My last, slightly tweaked RDM glam for ShB:

Got my Honest Gillionaire title, earned back the Gil I spent over the summer + another 20mil on top of that, done a handful of Hildibrand quests (will continue those in EW), got another Kamuy mount from the Moogle event that's running atm (now at 4/7) & stocked up on just over 4,000 Aetheryte Tickets. Will spend the next few weeks getting the other items I want from the Moogle event & then top up on MGP Platinum Cards with whatever time I have left.

Just 28 days to go! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You seem QUITE prepared :lol:

I feel ashamed by comparison!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

M.Steiner
I've gathered a few thousand crafting materials in advance too so I've got some stuff ready to craft for exp once the new level cap is in as well, so that's one less thing to do at the start of EW too & will give a couple of my crafters a slight headstart. Since EW will be the first expansion I've got to experience from day 1 (not catching up with a previous expansion like I was doing when ShB released), I want to make the most of that rather than be distracted with too many other things. Doesn't help that BF2042 releases on the same day though haha :)

Working towards unlocking another few mounts atm whilst farming MGP with the Moogle event. Need another 25 wins for 2, around 40 for the 3rd but I'm still gaming around a kitten's sleep schedule atm which queues don't always coincide with so fingers crossed I can get that finished too lol.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:08 am

M.Steiner
Image Image
Got em. Two more for the collection :)

Return to “Final Fantasy”