Elvann
17%
Hume
33%

Total votes: 6

Luv them characters, luv them good!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:54 pm

Pixistix
A common theme I have noticed with FFXI players is that we all love our characters... a lot... like unhealthy amounts ;). So tell us about them :)!

What class, gender, job do you play? What level? What nation are you from? What is your favorite piece of gear/hardest earned piece of gear? Anything else you feel like bragging about?

Post a picture if you have one!

-------------------------------------------------------------

I currently have two characters on the Asura server:

Pixistix, female tarutaru from Windy
(She's my main character)
Level 25 white mage, level 17 black mage, and I have 3 levels in monk and warrior (I had a day when I just needed to run around hitting stuff)
I have zealot mitts which are sAAAAweet!
Planning on slaying a dragon tonight with some friends to earn rank 3 :)

Whisper, mithra from Windy
(farming/mule)
Level 10 theif (theif by the way is a pain in the butt to level without a subjob)

What are you?
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:56 am

Inquisitor

I need to post a pic with his shiny new San d'Orian armor.

I am afraid Ariones here is uninteresting, just a level 18 warrior with a fondness for scythes and gardening.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:29 am

Pixistix
I'm not even going to say how long it took me to get to level 25 :P. It is sufficent to say that jobs (especially career oriented ones) definetly get in the way of playing. Have you done your subjob quest? What are you planning on subbing when you get it?
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:39 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Pixistix wrote:I'm not even going to say how long it took me to get to level 25 :P
I would assume that this means that levelling your characters is much more difficult than in previous offline Final Fantasy games? Generally I used to go and find a big open field and level to Catarchipilliars and other monsters until i hit level 20. And that never seemed to take ages.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:46 pm

Pixistix
I've been playing since May. Given, I was traveling a lot over the summer, so I was only playing like 2 times a week. Leveling is pretty quick for the first 15 levels or so and then it slows down. The game creators have designed the game such that it's really hard to level by yourself. The best way to do it is to form a party and go fight higher level monsters. Additionally, because I play a white mage, the first few level where I was playing alone went slower than some other jobs. We don't get really damaging spells and we don't hit hard, so the typical battle is:

*dinky spell*
*bonk*
*bonk*
*bonk*
*heal myself*
*bonk*...
:smack:

You get the idea! I've taken a break from leveling recently to make money to buy spells and to run missions to increase my rank. *shrug*
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Buy spells? :( Whatever happened to the draw system? That was great in Final Fantasy VIII. And by White Mage i assume you mean each character has one particular skill, that disappoints me. Where have the days of Final Fantasy's VII and VIII gone where you could customize your characters to do what you wanted them too?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:19 pm

Inquisitor
Not done the subjob quest yet, no. Missed it when winbrian took one of hte guys out to do it. No idea what i wnat to do, honestly, and slogging thru to level 20 sounds painful :)

Mostly I have been solo-ing and exploring, I did level a couple of times, mostly to get 15-18, but levelling was tedious.

I tried to do some of the bigger quests like eco warrior, but for some reason, FF crashes alot when THIRTY PEOPLE ARE CASTING SPELLS at the same time, so, I got screwed out of completing that one :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:38 pm

Pixistix
Anubis wrote:Buy spells?
Well you can buy spell, quest for them, or farm mogs that drop those scrolls. Obtaining items and scrolls is an interesting aspect of the game... there is a pretty involved online economy and how you chose to get the things you need is up to you.
Anubis wrote:And by White Mage i assume you mean each character has one particular skill, that disappoints me. Where have the days of Final Fantasy's VII and VIII gone where you could customize your characters to do what you wanted them too?
You can choose what job you want to play, and when you hit 18 you can start having two jobs, a main job and a subjob. So right now I am a White Mage/Black Mage. Your subjob max level is half your main job level. So as a 25 WHM I have all my spells available plus all the BLM spells I know up to lvl 12. You can do any combination of job you fancy. If I wanted to run around hitting stuff with a sword, but wanted to retain the ability to heal myself I could play a Warrior/WHM. Also when you get a job to lvl 30 you can start questing for advance jobs like ninja, and summoner and bard and dark night... so there is a lot of costomizing you can do. Also your armor, weapon and other gear allow you to tailor what your character can do.

** It normally doesn't take 6 months to lvl to 25. I'm slow and really busy in real life (REALLY busy).

It's not actually all that painfull, and if you are partying with a good group you also get the chance to see what other players have done with their charaters and what the other jobs can do. If you see something that looks really cool you can change job and try it yourself. I chose to be a healer and I've been really happy with the class.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:18 pm

Inquisitor
I have tried Monk (really cool, fast leveller) and red Mage (cool, but slower to level), and have low level gear for them both.

Much easier to outfit a character after your original job has enough cash saved up.

I thinkl levelling is a pain, but, I can't seem to devote the play time to looking for parties taht don't suck, and sincei play so slow, I have to find a new group each time, as everyone else has power levelled beyond me and isn't interested in hanging out :)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:34 am

Pixistix
Inquisitor wrote:Not done the subjob quest yet, no. Missed it when winbrian took one of hte guys out to do it. No idea what i wnat to do, honestly, and slogging thru to level 20 sounds painful :)
The subjob quest isn't that hard if you are in the dunes. The crab apron and worm are pretty common drops if you are in a party fighting snippers and flys. The magic skull is a little more tricky and you'll probably want a higher level friend to help with that one. You are on Asura, right?
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:25 am

winbrian
Anubis wrote:Buy spells? :( Whatever happened to the draw system? That was great in Final Fantasy VIII. And by White Mage i assume you mean each character has one particular skill, that disappoints me. Where have the days of Final Fantasy's VII and VIII gone where you could customize your characters to do what you wanted them too?
EEEEWWW! I hated that draw system so much, but I did like how each magic can affect your stats. FFVII has that neat idea about the Materia, neat idea moving up from previous games.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:27 am

winbrian
Well one thing, Ed (Inquisitor) likes to play alone by himself. Me? I prefer to play bymyself, but it takes so long to level so I am forced to level with others.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:07 am

Futile Resistance
Hrm... Me thinks Ed should kidnap winbrian and have him Plvl Ed to lvl 30 so Ed can get Beastmaster :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:37 pm

winbrian
/me gets ready to encounter Ariones.
/panic
/flee
^^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:44 pm

Inquisitor
It's not that I LIKE playing by myself, it's that I hate morons :)

I actually like playing with people, it just seems to be so tedious and timeconsuming to find people that don;t suck :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:26 am

Kiyaya
we don't suck! you should play with us sometime :)
a lot of us have jobs spread out at all levels, and i don't think theres a single person in the LS i wouldn't party with just for fun even if not to level.

as for difficulty...meh...i'm kinda sporting a chronic addiction to the game, but i've still managed to get quite a ways since April of 2004
RDM 55
WHM 35
BLM 17

and every other job is somewhere between level 1-6, but i'm hooked on my RDMness!

Tarutaru Power = {Impossible to gauge!}
56-RDM 36-WHM 18-BLM 15-SMN 9-WAR
9-THF 6-RNG 5-DRG 5-BST 2-BRD 2-NIN 2-SAM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:32 am

Kiyaya
by the way .... how DO you post pics? O.o

i've got some hot naked ones i'd like to....err...whoops wrong file folder :nervous:
i've got some cute ones of Kiyaya i'd love to put up here!
56-RDM 36-WHM 18-BLM 15-SMN 9-WAR
9-THF 6-RNG 5-DRG 5-BST 2-BRD 2-NIN 2-SAM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:48 am

Stracius
I believe the process involves finding someplace to host your files/images (so people can look at them even when your comp's off), and then posting a link to the uploaded file/image/screenshot/etc..

The first step is usually the tricky part :sweat:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:37 pm

winbrian
Stracius wrote:I believe the process involves finding someplace to host your files/images (so people can look at them even when your comp's off), and then posting a link to the uploaded file/image/screenshot/etc..

The first step is usually the tricky part :sweat:
Yes, what Stracius said, send the pictures to me and Ill upload them somewhere, brianwin423@hotmail.com or winbrian@comcast.net

Or I can talk with Ed or Killjoy to get me some webspace to upload pictures or website for our Linkshell.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:14 pm

Pixistix
* :lol: at Ki* I should have specified that I in not way want to see pictures of your character's cool gear... only nekkid pictures of tarutaru... dancing...

Inquisitor, my blm is at 17 we could totally party! you should let us know when you are on!

Wind, I could help with an LS website if we have server space...
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:59 am

Inquisitor
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:25 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I like :)
However if you keep going down the silver route you'll end up looking like Steiner from Final Fantasy IX ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:58 pm

BlackDove
Inquisitor wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*ahem*

You look very dashing...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 pm

winbrian
Well if and only if Ed wants to go with PLD, but PLD Artifact Armor will look so awesome. You'll like it, I'll try to find a screenshot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:33 am

Inquisitor
Seen them walking aorund.

looks VERY cool, but man, that's what, 12 more levels?
No signature

Return to “Final Fantasy”