Support Jobs

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Support Jobs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:56 pm

M.Steiner
Apologies if some of this has been answered already somewhere. :)

I'm still lvl 11 atm but it won't be too long before i have to start thinking about unlocking the support jobs.
Have been taking a look on the FF wiki and there looks to be 2 quests to unlock these, Elder Memories and The Old Lady. Was just wondering what the difference in the quests are (apart from the obvious, needing different items). Is one quest easier than the other, gather the items or whatever? Do they have different storylines/outcome? Do you require an entire party to complete either of them?
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Inquisitor
They do require help to complete, the mobs you have to fight are typically much tougher than your level 18 self.

The easier of the two is the one that starts in Selbina. You usually get 2/3 of the items while levelling in groups in Valkurm Dunes (Crab Apron and Damselfly Worm), and the third is a relatively short trip to Gusgen Mines where you hang around while I kill a few skeles.

You can collect all the items before you get the quest, so onc you hit 18, you just turn them in and voila.

Depending on my TV situation, I can come help with this today, else I can help tomorrow.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:13 pm

Stracius
The Elder Memories is based out of Selbina and the items can usually be found in Valkurm Dunes. Because of the popularity of the zone for groups, it tends to be the easier quest to complete.

The Old Lady is based out of Mhaura, the items typically from Buburimu Penn.. The items for each quest are different, but the difficulty in obtaining them are about the same (drop-rate wise). You might even have items for The Old Lady drop in Valkurm, and items for Elder Memories drop in Buburimu.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:33 pm

Inquisitor
The skull is easier than the robe.

The skull can be got from skeleton mobs in Gusgen Mines, 24/7.

The Bloody Robe drops from Bogies in Bubu (it may drop from any Bogy, not sure) but there isn't a good place available 24/7 to hunt those :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:09 pm

BlackDove
Yeh I got the robe from a Bogy in Pashow.

Return to “Final Fantasy”