Radiance Alliance Application

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Radiance Alliance Application

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Inquisitor
We're waiting for Ery to come back from vacation, but i posted this on the Radiance forums a few days ago:
As Eri and Pixi (at least) know, I have FINALLY gotten my group of online friends into FFXI full force. I have been gaming with these monkeys for a little less than a decade, and it was very exciting when the finally started to try the game, and several people decided to stay!

Anyway, we created a shell a few weeks back, "shatteredstarexiles" you can have a look at our site here http://www.shatteredstar.org/ffxi/

We have 21 real people (and a few mules) on the roster http://www.shatteredstar.org/user-cgi/f ... member.cgi spread of levels from 1-71 (Winbrian kinda counts as a 75, but I try not to count him because of his ties to Enmity), and a number of people just breaking into the 20's, a couple in the 30's. The way some of these guys game, we should have some more mid levels sooner rather than later.

Our main website (http://www.shatteredstar.org) sheds a little light on who we are and what we care about, you may find familiar themes there, a relevant quote by our very own power gamer BlackDove (level 71 SAM, started playing 4 months ago):
So what are we then? Put simply, were a group of people that is based on the foundation of trust and respect for one another. We dont have ranks, numbers or positions to identify ourselves with, because we treat each other as mature adults with dignity
My very good friend Judd wrote this piece a while back, it's also a nice intro to us:
http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/why.php

Anyway, I think we're getting to a point where we have something to offer the alliance, and I think we share common ideals around games and game playing, so I would like to formally submit our application.

Poke around our forums and our websites, very very little is hidden from view from the public, we 're VERY big on openess. Ask questions if you have them, and say hi if you like.

I loved the idea of the alliance when we first joined as the 7th, and I think it's an excellent fit for our goals as a linkshell. You'll have to tell me if the reverse is true :)

Thanks in advance!
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:57 pm

Stracius
Yep, sounds good :) . Things are going to be rocky for me after August, and I might cancel my account until I get settled and stabilize my financial status (maybe a month). Hopefully I'll be able to continue playing a solid amount, but I'm not sure how demanding my schedule is going to be. Anyway, figured I'd give you a heads up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:16 pm

Inquisitor
Tell me before you suspend ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:37 pm

Pixistix
Hey guys, just anote to let you know that we havn't forgotten about you. Eri has been out of town on businees and I havn't had a chance to talk with her yet :). I'll let you know as soon as we've chatted.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:22 pm

Inquisitor
So, it sounds like we've not heard because of some internal issues.

It's not dead (yet) but it does seem to be on hold.

We have some informal invites to some upcoming events, and I have some strong in game ties that I can call on when we get to things like AF, etc, but for now, it does appear we are on our own.

Which is little actual functional change from the last several weeks.

I have asked folks to keep me in the loop, if something changes.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Pixistix
Galka wrote:...and I have some strong in game ties that I can call on...
Oooo! Is that me? :thumb:

Yeah sorry for the sluggishness guys. There have been a couple of developments with the Alliance. I'm currently talking with the existing LS leaders as to how we want to proceede.

The Alliance, as it is, needs a massive overhaul. Things aren't working like they are supposed to.

The general idea of the Alliance was that LS leaders would say "Hello LS! What do you need to make your in game experience enjoyable?", and the LS would say "Well we would really like to get our AF", and the leader would then go to the Alliance and say "We are going to go do PLD AF1! Anyone here is welcome to come!"

The way things work now is that there is a small group of people that plan all the events, and they are expected to take into account all the Alliance LSs, not just their own. This had lead to some serious frustration and some internal strife.

I'm happy to say that the strife has been address; however, we have been left with the "where to go from here" question.

I was on the phone with Eri for a while last night and I have a TS meeting with my LS tonight. Based on the out come of these conversations I will let you know what the status of the Alliance is.

As I told Ariones today right now I see 2 options.

1.) The Alliance is dissolved. Ariones and I are good buddies, so there would be an informal alliance there. He knows he can call on me for help, and as long as I have a date and time, I'm there. We also have some things come up for our LS that I would like to invite y'all to. So basically it would be like it is now ~.^.

2.) We decide to keep the Alliance. I know at least one current member LS will be with-drawing. At that point I would want set up a new forum for the remaining LSs in addition to you and PG. We would vote on a new name and establish our own identity and guidlines based on the original idea of a cooperative comunity. I would talk with Liet (our current web admin) and have him back up the current site, so we would still have access to some of the nice resources and already established rules.

Either way, feel free to hit me with tell or PMs if you need my help. With the proper encoragment *cough*sushi*cough* I can usually get the boys out to events as well.
Blarghl.

Return to “Final Fantasy”