Yes, but no capital X
33%
No (post alternatives)
17%

Total votes: 6

A rose by any other name

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:20 pm

Inquisitor
So, in talking about the name, the question came up.

"BurningStars" is an homage to the old FS2 squad, for instance, and a fine name in and of itself.

Let's get this sorted :)

Yes, I expect people not currently playing to have an opinion ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yes, we are the eXiles and we should proudly wear that name ingame as well as on the forums. Should certainly be a part of the LS name we choose imo :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:40 pm

BlackDove
No, mostly because I don't feel like my existance being defined by the .com variant.

And anyone who does join in FFXI will not be an eXile so it's also misleading and makes it a pain in the ass for me because I'd have to explain WHY it's "eXiles or Exiles" or whatever.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:12 pm

Kon
It'd be nice to see Burning Stars again (though I'm not voting since I don't play). Like BD said, our name shouldn't be dictated by the SSC.

On a side note, didn't we say when we started we were eventually going to drop the whole "Exile" thing and get an original name? Burning Stars sounds so very nice...
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Kahn wrote:On a side note, didn't we say when we started we were eventually going to drop the whole "Exile" thing and get an original name? Burning Stars sounds so very nice...
Not as nice as SSX...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:20 pm

Inquisitor
I like exiles :) We exiles from the ordinary ;)
No signature

Re: A rose by any other name

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:28 pm

Blue Star
Inquisitor wrote:Yes, I expect people not currently playing to have an opinion
Present & accounted for. ;)

I'd say stick with it, but remove the capital X - While it's more inline with the SSX, it also gives the impression that we follow the cheesy Xtreme gimmick.

On the issue of the in-game name, that's not for me to decide even with Quiz's encouragement. :) In general though, if we really wanted a name that doesn't reflect our Shattered Star heritage we'd have changed the name long before almost two years after the split.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:27 am

Inquisitor
I was poking at the linkshell vendor earlier.

If we can live with "exiles" being in the name, how about:

'shatteredstarexiles'

All lower case. Avoids any 1337-speak, Xtreme nonsense, and accurately reflects out name. Also is a nice, semi-reminder of the URL.

I made it as close to this blue as I could, which makes it pretty generic looking colour wise, we'll see if BD wants to stab his eyes out.

I will try to be arounf tomorrow morning, mid morning, in Bastok. We can put this to bed once and for all and set about conquering the world :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:I will try to be arounf tomorrow morning, mid morning, in Bastok. We can put this to bed once and for all and set about conquering the world :)
Excellent. I call Dark Overlord of Bastok! ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Inquisitor
shatteredstarexiles it is.

Me, BD and Anny are sackholders, so lets get pearls to Gryph, KJ and Zeph when we can.

We'll want to update teh site with the right name now :)
No signature

Return to “Final Fantasy”