install issues.

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

install issues.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:09 pm

Gryphon
evry install I attempt of any of the FF11 products results in a correct installation, only, there's a failure to write/initialise some kind of DLL.

In my wisdom I have forgotten to take a note of the DLL, but it's the same one no matter what the installation.

I'm up to date and running teh correct SP,i'm pretty sure the discs aren't dud, because the installation proceeds.

Any ideas?
:smack:

EDIT

"couldn't load ENCRYPT.DLL file."
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:26 pm

Reeza
Dunno but i had a lot of difficulty with the disks aswell on install but i had 2 copies since my dad plays aswell so i could swap between the 2 but the best thing i could suggest is cleaning the disk or seeing if google can find anything specific for the files your missing.

Did you install POL first btw?
Sectioned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:23 pm

Inquisitor
Yeah, you need to install the POL stuff first, then FFXI, or it will freak out.

Hopefully someone got you a world pass too :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:16 pm

Gryphon
Yeah, followed the install through properly, still having problems accessing the file. The installs are correctand all the files are there, so I'm guessing it's something on my end.

Just waiting for tech support to get back to me.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:41 pm

Inquisitor
Their support (at least in the US) is pretty good.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:13 am

Gryphon
Getting more than a little annoyed. No response from tech support. I tried to uninstall the entire thing, but to no avail, The only installation method available is to uninstall from the autoplay launcher, which requires the CD. However once the task is complete, it just bungs everything back on.

Is there any way I can just uninstall the whole thing? It's not even in my add/remove programs listings!

Frustration reigns.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:29 am

Reez
Not sure you tried firing up POL and seein what happens there?
Try removing pol aswell if you want to uninstall

I could probably pull the file of the disk if i can find it and send it if you tell me what disk and that apart from that i am stumped, sounds very dodgy tho but i dunno what else i can suggest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:27 pm

Gryphon
Sending the whole damn thing back.

It was the Vana'diel collection, all on one disc. And what I find worrying is there is no uninstall option available anywhere on teh disc, or the installed folders. I'd like to remove and retry, but am unable to.

Tech support haven't gotten back to me either, and that email ( and 2 others across the week) was sent on saturday.

=/

EDIT

It seems to work fine on my bros PC. Trying to figure out what's different between the two to correct mine.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:55 pm

Inquisitor
I have installed it on 5 different computers, a PS2 and an Xbox.

Never had that problem :(

Were you able to create an account on your bros PC? We'll need to make sure that we get you a world pass for Asura then :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:59 pm

Reeza
The Url

See if that loads its like one person with the same problem and people suggest trying to change the keyboard setting from what i made out so if you dunno try that.
Sectioned.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:57 pm

BlackDove
I have that same disc.

I installed POL > FFXI > Zilart > Promathia > Updates.

Shouldn't be any problems, and uninstall files should exist.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:01 pm

Inquisitor
I suspect he may have given up by now :)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Gryphon
Fully updated the puter, POL seems a little more compliant now, We'll see whats what :)

EDIT!

Well, I updated my POL viewer, and it seems to work, accessed my mails, my account etc just fine. Reinstalling FF now. Feeling rather annoyed for registering before I sorted it on my own computer. Have been very busy this last month, and as such haven't played a day of my free 30, which expires soonish. =/

More edits!

Apparently my 30 days haven't started as I did not obtain a content ID on stews machine :) woot.

How do I get hold of a worldpass?

EDIT!

Bleh 2 hours to patch... =/ *wanders off for a bit*

MORE EDITAGE!

Done and dusted. Logged on, created a character to muc around with and get to know the controls, and am now thoroughly confused. Many many strange Commands and methods. O_o

Will take some getting used to.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:53 pm

BlackDove
Yeah, we have to get you a world pass. You'll have to then delete that character, and start on Asura.

Basically all the controls are on the numpad. The only thing you use otherwise is the escape or enter key (which is also on the numpad really). Space bar opens the chat, but then again, so does every letter.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:11 am

Gryphon
Oki doki.

How do I use a world pass, I see the world: not selected box, but There doesn't appear to be a way to toggle it, or key in information.

Oh, And how do I make my damned cursor easier to see? I't doing my nut in, soooo tiny, and gold. Tiny and gold doesn't do too well on the dusty roads of windhurst.

:p
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:20 am

BlackDove
Windurst is a..... Nightmare with a capital N. Only the insane Taru can live in that hellhole o.o

Erm, yeah, basically when you create your character, and it asks you for the world? You have to type the name "Asura" instead of clicking anything. That's the whole "pressing any key to type even though you don't see the damn blinking upright line telling you that you can write" comes in.

It's hard to spot, took me like 10 minutes to figure out myself. After you type "Asura", then it'll prompt you for the World Pass number.

As for the cursor - screw the cursor. You don't really need it. Not that I know how you can change it.

Like I said. All buttons = on numpad.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:23 am

Gryphon
BlackDove wrote:Windurst is a..... Nightmare with a capital N. Only the insane Taru can live in that hellhole o.o

Erm, yeah, basically when you create your character, and it asks you for the world? You have to type the name "Asura" instead of clicking anything. That's the whole "pressing any key to type even though you don't see the damn blinking upright line telling you that you can write" comes in.

It's hard to spot, took me like 10 minutes to figure out myself. After you type "Asura", then it'll prompt you for the World Pass number.

As for the cursor - screw the cursor. You don't really need it. Not that I know how you can change it.

Like I said. All buttons = on numpad.
Rightio

I'm still a tad squiffy on the control methods, was mainly using the mouse for targetting and initiating conversation. Although it's quite strange it's very smooth. Something I could grow to like methinks. I'll see about grabbing a worldpass number thing, and roll a mage I think.

The only issue I have is character choice, I can't decide on my school of mage, My choices are white, black and red. I don't have the expansion with the blue mages yet.

I'm also keen to become a summoner, is there any limitations on what kind of magic I have to wield to become one?
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:27 pm

BlackDove
Summoner and Blue Mage are only available at 30 anyway, so that's out of the question from the start (BLU is also Aht Urghan), you get to choose later tho.

White Mage = PPU. You don't heal well, people bitch forever. Highest responsibility, but then again, you get the automatic choice of forming a party, or if you flag yourself, you'll usually be invited immediatly to 10 parties.

Black Mage = APU. Just no chain nuking and most people won't bitch. Highest damage dealer in the game, really an all-round role when it comes to the choice of a damage dealer, a MUST in almost every party.

Red Mage = Enfeebler. Status damage and status spells for the party. RDM at higher levels is usually paired with the WHM becaise of a skill called "Refresh" which is MP regen (BRD does more or less the same, but BRD are rare).

You'll level fastest with a WHM. BLM will get invites quite fast as well. RDM also, but RDM usually comes more or less in the third place.

Depends on what you want to do for the party. BLM is the popular choice, seeing how they rape.

Don't use mouse for targeting. Just press the 0 button on the numpad. It targets everything. For conversation, it's:

/p message - to talk in a party

/t name message - to talk to someone specific

/s message - to talk in the vicinity

/sh message - to talk to the whole zone (ie, shout)

/l message - for linkshell

You use the mouse, only to initiate the menu that lets you set the chat mode which you'll be using frequently, so that you don't have to /.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:13 pm

Inquisitor
If you're goal is ultimatley summoner, start out as WHM.

Level Whm to 18, unlock subjobs, level blm to 15, then whm to 30.

Then unlock smn and you will be good for subjobs till 60.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:43 pm

Gryphon
Gone for a black mage route, going to go white at subjob selection I think. Busying myself with various things, such as learning to fish, levelling a tad, and having a go at a few quests. I managed to gain entry to the star onion brigade ( woot), and bough my first conquest Item. A chariot ring.

It's come in handy for regaining lost experience when I die.

The only things I can't get my head around are the numbers on it's description.

I have 6/7 ( presumabely the amount of available uses left?) 14:55:09 ( the countdown till next time I can charge it?) and on the far right 16:00:00 ( the standard cooldown for the item?)
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:01 am

BlackDove
First thing's first - Throw the Chariot band away.

Get the Empress Band. Nobody uses the Chariot because it sucks ass - the points it gives are null compared to what the Empress band gives (double experience points).

Also, I sent you money yesterday, but you didn't pick it up from your mog house delivery box, so I had to remove it today to send someone else money. I'll send it again later today.

You got the availability and countdown all correct, now throw it away, count the CP you wasted as lost, and get Empress.

We'll have to talk about Auction Houses as well soon, so you don't waste money there if you don't have to.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Gryphon
Whoops! I seem to have fallen foul of the OMG MONIES BUY THINGS! sickness with the chariot band then :S

For shame :p

I've reached level 7 and later tonight I'm going to look for a party to complete my quest in the horutoto ruins. Thanks for all the help so far guys.

For anyone who doesn't know, my character is a Tarutaru black mage named Spatula.

:thumb:

Also, are there any community made modifications I should be using ( such as WoWs cosmos UI)?
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:18 pm

Inquisitor
maybe time for a new thread :)

Yes, those are what the numbers mean.

And get an empress band when you can, it is better (though chariot is actually perfectly fine for low levels ;)). I'd go ahead and use the remaining charges on the Chariot.

Empress works the same way though, 7 total charges, 16ish hour cooldown between uses. Last longer though, 3kish total experience.

Make sure you visit your Mog House and check your delivery box ;)

And we should actually come find you in game ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:16 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm baaaaack ;)

Reinstalling early tomorrow, just started it then realised how long it would take to install and patch so I should leave it till morning, should be back ingame tomorrow/the day after (depending on how soon my dad gets the time to sort through his stuff and find my gamepad). I shall see you all ingame in a few days, along with a certain belt.... :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:16 pm

Gryphon
Well, you can all come find me then! My wee Taru is in dire need of levelling assistance, even if it means the odd potshot at high end monsters so you guys don't lose out :D
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

Return to “Final Fantasy”