Group Site Content

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Group Site Content

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm progressing quite well on the group site now, i've got the layout finished, and now i move onto the point where i'm adding more pages. So far i've got a homepage with news and updates on it (completed), a Join the group page (completed), a Screenshots page (not yet started), and a page detailing MS's paint schemes (10% completed).
However i'm looking for more content, i aim to make a large and useful site. What pages would you like to see on the group site? All suggestions are appreciated and probably many of them, if not all of them will be used on the site, as long as they are sensible and feasible.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 pm

Inquisitor
Link!
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:Link!
Sorry Ed, it's not on the net yet. It's been built on my machine. Links will be put up as soon as i've got the site up. Until then it stays on my machine, and the more suggestions i get the bigger the site will be when i get it online ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:55 pm

Gryphon
Tactics?

Walkthroughs?

Dunno - there's not much you can put in a game like that, it's so undynamic (is that even a word?! :weird: )
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:56 pm

Inquisitor
WAAARRRGHHH!
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:35 pm

QuantumDelta
Gryphon wrote:Tactics?

Walkthroughs?

Dunno - there's not much you can put in a game like that, it's so undynamic (is that even a word?! :weird: )
You uhh....are kidding right Gryph? :/
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:32 pm

Gryphon
QuantumDelta wrote:
Gryphon wrote:Tactics?

Walkthroughs?

You uhh....are kidding right Gryph? :/
Well it is. You can't shape the world like you can in say... Neocron - Each battle is a unique instance, not adding to the world as a whole - so save for tournaments and things - whatever people do ingame will have no impact, therefore nothing to talk about except how badly my eldar beat you. :p

If you get what I mean - there's really not a lot of things to do for an RTS community - apart from mods, tactics and such - because that's all it is. a strategy game - you can't make it something it's not - and theres no point in simply rehiterating whatever is on the company site, which does away with racial backgrounds and history.

Colour schemes are also redundant unless it's SSX versus other comers - and to be honest - even if it was SSX versus others - I'd still play in my own colours, no offence - I just like my pretty eldar. *sexes*

News is mostly - well, what happens... Patches? Erm tournaments - thats about it really.... maybe an expansion.

To be honest - theres nothing you can put on a site for a game like this that the parent company hasn't implemented, and if there was - then that company should even be were they are today. ( not dissing relic or THQ here, just outlining a point)
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:54 pm

Scikar
Gryph, you could probably apply that argument to any game and any genre except MMORPGs. You can't even talk much about tactics in a straight DM FPS, but have a look round for Quake or Unreal websites and you'll find plenty more than you will for probably the entire MMORPG genre put together.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:52 pm

Inquisitor
Game postmortems.

Who was playing, and what they did. Not alot, just to get some flavor for the overall strategy.

That would be keen...
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:Game postmortems.

Who was playing, and what they did. Not alot, just to get some flavor for the overall strategy.

That would be keen...
Yes, i'm keen on that idea. I think i'd enjoy doing something like that. Good idea Ed, thats the first one that shall be implemented :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:11 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:Game postmortems.

That would be keen...
Yes, i'm keen on that idea. I think i'd enjoy doing something like that. Good idea Ed, thats the first one that shall be implemented :)
Ya thats a cool idea, i like that too :) Maybe one of us that played the 67min game tonight could do a little write up like Anny was askin on IRC just now. If/when i can figure out how to watch saved replays i might have a go.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:27 am

M.Steiner
Each members online stats maybe?

You can find each members multiplayer stats by going here and typing their nickname in. Would there be a way to be able to get each members stats displayed on our site without having to manually update them (eg, as they update on gamespy they will automatically update on our site too) Dunno if thats possible or not...

If not then just a link to them mebbe..

Just a thought n e way :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Maester Seymour wrote:Each members online stats maybe?

You can find each members multiplayer stats by going here and typing their nickname in. Would there be a way to be able to get each members stats displayed on our site without having to manually update them (eg, as they update on gamespy they will automatically update on our site too) Dunno if thats possible or not...

If not then just a link to them mebbe..

Just a thought n e way :)
And we have our second good idea :) A stats page will indeed be added to the site.
I'll have to look into the possibility of them automatically updating, but if it doesn't work, as you siad, links will work just as well.
Both you and Ed can have a cookie :)

And thanks for the report too MS.

Return to “Dawn of War”