Dawn of War?

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!

Moderator: Global Moderators

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 am

Gryphon
yup, thats right - zoom out. But that probably won't happen seeing as the fog masks the godawful draw distance.... Zoom out to max on a biggwer zoom and all you'd see is fog, and a few silouhettes of the bigger buildings and units. =/
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:19 pm

QuantumDelta
You don't get that on my PC... o.O

I've played orc mob vs orc mob with no resource limit, and therefore = mass numbers crash together...

As soon as we got forces up to full cap, full tech limit, with everything on, we took them at eachother:
Simply to test the game :p

No fogging here :|
Unless you count fog of war O.o, but if you have units covering the area you can see the whole way around... as far as i noticed...
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:16 am

Crazee Eight
Pan the camera down to the unit's viewpoint level. The distance fogs a little, but only from that perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:30 am

M.Steiner
Just ordered it from amazon, as well as Fable for my bro. :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:33 am

Futile Resistance
No... Damn... All you guys are getting the game... My roommate has the game... Don't make me do it! AHH! :smack:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:51 am

Gryphon
The camera is just a pet hate really, anyone up for a game later tonight? If ya are - I'll set one up when I get back from uni, Freshers fayre today - time to see if bolton has a rugby team or not... or even better american football.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:04 pm

QuantumDelta
Gryphon wrote:The camera is just a pet hate really, anyone up for a game later tonight? If ya are - I'll set one up when I get back from uni, Freshers fayre today - time to see if bolton has a rugby team or not... or even worse football.
Fixed it :|

And catch me if you can I'll be 'around' on IRC, but probably, mostly, in Rome: Total War.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:32 pm

Gryphon
Fixed it =/ my blue arse.

I played for the teesside cougars as a quarterback last year - so I was looking to join either rugby - or (slim chance they have it here!) american football, I'd love to see the look on token's (an ex team mate) face when I hand him his ass on a plate =)

But alas! They had neither - so it's just a stint in the gym every day for meh - ho hum...
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:11 am

Scikar
Save a battle as a replay and watch it again afterwards - distance fog exists but it's by no means terrible. If it was any further then watching from unit level would be very strange given the distance of the fog of war.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:33 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I bought it on Sunday after immensly enjoying the beta, its on my machine but i haven't got around to playing it yet. Once i'm done with Call of Duty United Offensive i'll give it a whirl and tell you what i think, i'm sure i'll enjoy it though.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:40 am

Crazee Eight
Some of us should hook up online for a game or two. I've been playing and losing horribly thus far. Gotta say a DoW Group would be pretty nice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:21 am

Kon
Is there a demo? I'd like to try before I buy, even though this one looks great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:01 am

M.Steiner
Kahn wrote:Is there a demo? I'd like to try before I buy, even though this one looks great.
Yep, you can download the demo from here ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If we can get enough people a DoW group sounds great. Count me in :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:32 pm

Inquisitor
From this 2 page thread, it almost feels like we have enough.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:52 pm

Kon
This game offically pwns all other RTS games ever! Usually I stink horribly at them because I suck at resource gathering and can never get a really big army. DoW is great because the more butt you kick, the more resources you have since you get it from stratigic points.

I also love the reinforce, morale and cover systems. Hiding in a crater or trench will keep you protected if you are out numbered, while wading through a march or standing on a hill will make you much more vunerable. If one of your squadmates dies, your morale goes down a little but if your hero or sargeant dies, you can lose half your morale. If you lose enough your squad breaks up and flees in disorganized chaos. On the Biffy's Peril map i held 3 or 4 stratigic points for the whole game and was right on my enemy's doorstep with just 3 space marine sqauds and won against all odds with my army being 1/4 the size of my enemies.

Goodbye WoW, hello DoW :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:20 pm

M.Steiner
I started doing the missions today to get a bit more practice at the game and wow!, one of the missions (Mission 4 or 5 i think it was) i came accross an orc unit called a Squiggoth. At the time i was expecting it to die pretty quick if i sent a crap load of marine squads over.... but omfg it wiped out nearly my entire army lol. So i thought, okay i'll send a few whirlwinds over as well. About 2 stomps from that gigantic squiggoth crushed all my whirlwinds lol. Then it started to walk towards my base and i kinda crapped myself, had to replace all those marines as fast as i could to try take it down :eek: ^^... Man that beast was really tough, and took me forever to kill :lol:
Was a fun mission that was :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:05 pm

NightDreams
Ok from what i know here is the list of people who would be in the DoW group

Myself
Crazee Eight
Maester Seymour
Kahn
Quiz ?
Anubis
Scikar
Gryphon

Sorry if i have put u're name there and u dont want it to be, just say and i'll delete it.
Anyone else?

ND

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:34 pm

Kon
Just incase someone else here hasn't bought the full game yet, I found bargin price for DoW on some website called cheif value. $37 plus $4 for 4 day shiping. Froogle is a handy thing.

http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productsp ... 32-193-102

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:12 pm

Chimera
I'm down.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:13 pm

Crazee Eight
Well I'm a little better at it now (i.e. I can win games online :thumb: )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:23 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Myself, NightDreams and Maester Seymour have been talking bout starting a Dawn of War group. We've been given clearance to start a group, but before do so i thought we should check how many of us actually play online so that we aren't creating a group where most people play Single Player.
So, who actually plays online or intends to do so in the near future?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:55 pm

Robek
Well, I'm interested. Definately.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:41 pm

NightDreams
Well we got the game going and i was doing so well, then i lagged out, not sure why but could of been due to windows update. So im here and they are still playing. DAMN THEM my eldar were going to win.

ND

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:32 pm

Chimera
I need someone(s) to hone my G.S.S (Green Skin Skills) against, so I'm playin' online. Not too successful so far.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Return to “Dawn of War”