Posted by SSX-MS on Saturday, February 28 2015
It has been a busy month for us on YouTube this month so to follow up from my previous post - "Our February YouTube Offerings (so far)", here will find a continuation of that list covering the remainder of our Feb uploads.
Here are the links for your convenience:
- Rocksmith 2014: Velvet Revolver - Slither (Rhythm)
- Rocksmith 2014: Akira Yamaoka - Promise (Silent Hill 2 CDLC)
- Star Citizen: Old Vanderval - 300i & M50 (19/2/15)
- Star Citizen: Rikkord Memorial Raceway - M50 (20/2/15)
- Rocksmith 2014: Stratovarius - Hunting High & Low (Lead CDLC)
- Star Citizen: MP Old Vanderval - M50 (21/2/15 | Race 1)
- Star Citizen: MP Old Vanderval - M50 (21/2/15 | Race 2)
- Star Citizen: MP Rikkord Memorial Raceway - M50 (21/2/15)
- Star Citizen: MP Defford Link - M50 (22/2/15)
- Star Citizen: Arena Commander - Devs vs Community #2 (23/2/15)
- Star Citizen: Battle Royale - Dying Star (27/2/15)
We enter the first day of March tomorrow with a great looking lineup of games to get excited over. Which are you looking forward to yourself?. Drop by the forums and let us know!
Posted by SSX-MS on Monday, February 23 2015
As we enter the last week of February here we take a look at March and what gaming releases it has to offer.
We're not that far into the year yet but March looks to be extremely promising with lots of new releases to look forward, all different platforms and a little something for everybody really. With titles such as Grand Theft Auto V finally making their way to PC, Cities: Skylines which looks like it really could be the true successor to SimCity, the hotly anticipated PS4 exclusive - Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity from the guys at Obsidian and many, many more.
Take a look at what the line up for next month looks like:
- Helldivers (PS3/PS4/Vita)
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita)
- White Night (PS4)
- Screamride (XBO/360)
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- Zombie Army Trilogy
- Cities: Skylines (PC)
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue (PC)
- DmC: Definitive Edition (PS4/XBO)
- Ori and the Blind Forest (PC/XBO)
- Sid Meier's Starships (PC)
- Battlefield Hardline
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4/XBO)
- Final Fantasy XV Demo: Episode Duscae (PS4/XBO)
- Mario Party 10 (WiiU)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4/XBO)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PC) [Edit: Since making this post it has been delayed to April 14th]
- Pillars of Eternity (PC)
- Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4/Vita)
An exciting time to be a gamer!
Which games do you have your eye on?. What will be a day one buy for you?. Join us over on the forums (where you'll also find the releases dates) and let us know!
Posted by SSX-MS on Wednesday, February 18 2015
Our YouTube channel went a little quiet over the Christmas and New Year breaks just gone but we're back and kicking things up a notch this week with 10 new uploads.
Our recent additions cover some of our newly started co-op games in Star Citizen's Arena Commander, a multiplayer video of Star Citizen's "Devs vs Community" play test (before the servers went down!) along with a few other videos from Ubisoft's Rocksmith 2014.
Here are some direct links to them:
- Star Citizen: Co-op Vanduul Swarm with the Burning Stars (13/2/15)
- Star Citizen: Co-op Vanduul Swarm with the Burning Stars (7-11 Feb)
- Star Citizen: Co-op Vanduul Swarm with the Burning Stars (14/2/15)
- Rocksmith 2014: Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (Lead)
- Rocksmith 2014: Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Lead)
- Star Citizen: Arena Commander - Devs vs Community (16/2/15)
- Rocksmith 2014: Audioslave - Cochise (Lead)
- Star Citizen: Old Vanderval - Super Hornet & 350R (16/2/15)
- Star Citizen: Decoupling with the Burning Stars (17/2/15)
- Rocksmith 2014: Audioslave - Show Me How to Live (Lead)
Lots more videos to come so stay tuned!
Posted by SSX-MS on Wednesday, February 18 2015
Are you struggling getting to grips with the decoupled mode in Star Citizen?. Perhaps not using it as often as you probably should?. Maybe not even sure what the hell it is and what it can be used for?. You're in the right place.
Yesterday, BlackDove and I spent one of our (now many) sessions in Arena Commander focusing on just this. Decoupling. It is something I've been trying to use since I started playing the game but never quite understand how and when to use it to my advantage. Until now. The last wave of Vanduul Swarm (which usually ripped me to shreds even when BD was actively playing with me) suddenly felt all the more easier when making use of it. Decoupled mode is a must, pretty much.
Head on over to our forum thread for the video of our game and find out more. Hopefully it will be as much use to you guys as it was for me playing it.
Still not quite mastered it? let us know in the thread.
Last but not least - Our last weekend of Star Citizen co-op has now become a regular thing for us with multiple games being run on and off throughout the week as well. If you've backed the game and have a ship to fly feel free to drop us a line and come join us ingame. The more the merrier!
Posted by SSX-MS on Monday, February 9 2015
Hopefully the first of many for the group - BlackDove & myself jumped into Star Citizen this weekend to try out some co-op Vanduul Swarm on Dying Star.
Much fun was had! - We'll be playing some more at some point in the near future so stay tuned for more.
Quite a few of us here have backed the game now and have ships so it would be great to get some regular group games going. Vanduul Swarm co-op is 4 players max but there's no reason why we couldn't have multiple games on the go if there's a big turnout. Good practice for us all too.
We look forward to playing more!
Posted by Anubis on Saturday, January 3 2015
So, as I guess all of you can see by now, we've just launched our brand spanking new SSX website today - encompassing both the main site and the forums.
For the last couple of months MS and I have been beavering away on this update, and whilst it's taken a little longer than I might have liked I hope you'll all agree it's been worth the wait. Huge, huge thanks to MS for coming up with the design for us - without his creative eye, none of this would be possible!
Above and beyond the reskin that you see, though, there's an awful lot more changes that have been implemented today:
- The site and forums are now both fully responsive for the first time ever, meaning that we're now very accessible on mobiles, tablets, and other devices.
- We've integrated long requested Social Sharing functionality, which you can find at the bottom of every topic and included in every full news post on the main site, allowing people to easily share our content.
- We've integrated closer than ever with Twitter and our own Forums, allowing us to promote content from both across our main website.
- And for the more technical, we've re-architected the website solution so that it's using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and MVC. This makes it FAR more maintainable and a much improved platform to build on in future.
Obviously though, particularly since this is our first reskin since 2008, there's the possibility that people may come across issues that we've missed during testing, or suggestions on how to improve things. If so, please post them here and we'll add them to the list to be looked at over the coming weeks - which can be found on our forums.
I hope you all enjoy the new website!
Posted by SSX-MS on Saturday, November 22 2014
To help celebrate Star Citizen's second anniversary and as a thank you to their fans for the support and dedication, RSI have launched a special anniversary sale which will run for the next week, until Monday December 1st. The anniversary sale sees the return of several limited edition ships like Origin's gorgeous M50 Interceptor, the 350r and the F7C-M Super Hornet from Anvil Aerospace (plus many more!), all of which were only ever available for a short period of time before being removed from the store. These limited editions will be available for the duration of the sale as well!. Any of these bought during the anniversary sale will also come with an exclusive 2 years worth of insurance, rather than the standard 6 months.
200 Javelins will also become available at timed allocations for $2,500 each, the sales of which bring with them another sweet deal for those looking to support the game - 5,000 Aurora packages for just $20.
Interested in the game but haven't backed it yet? in the market for another ship to add to your growing collection? or perhaps looking at upgrading your existing one(s)?. Then now is a great time to do so!
See the official Star Citizen site for more info.
Posted by SSX-MS on Friday, October 31 2014
If you've been following us on YouTube and/or social media (links in the top right corner!) you may have already seen these but for those of you who missed them - Here are three 1080p boss fight videos from the newly released "Lords of the Fallen":
Enjoy and be sure to keep an eye out for more!
Posted by SSX-MS on Tuesday, October 28 2014
Following up from our recent website updates, some of you may be aware that we are currently working on a new website design behind the scenes which we plan to launch with a whole host of new features and improvements on top of its completely new, sleek and modern look.
We can't wait to bring this to you all but in the meantime are there any changes to the website you would like to request yourself?. A new feature? page? something you think we should remove or update? Let us know on the forums!
Posted by Anubis on Wednesday, October 15 2014
As you may have noticed if you're a frequent visitor, we've just launched somewhat of a spruce up for our website!
Not only have we updated our content a little (including adding a new Star Citizen section to our Gallery), but you'll also notice brand new social icons have been added to the header to point you to our various homes around the web. Anyone browsing on a tablet or phone should also now notice that the main website is now fully responsive, making us a bit more device friendly than we have been in the past!
We've also rolled out some new functionality for the forums as part of this update, including (but not limited to) .webm support, and better image embedding support.
We hope everyone enjoys these new licks of paint!
@ShatteredStar97 tweeted - 0h
@ShatteredStar97 tweeted - 1h
@ShatteredStar97 tweeted - 7h
The STR Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 season concludes with a highly typical outcome!... http://t.co/qLWqedzhJD
@ShatteredStar97 tweeted - May 28
- Fantasy Premier League 2014-2015Anubis on Thu May 28, 2015 6:05pm
- Random Question - Reefer?Cyma on Tue May 26, 2015 2:22pm
- The Witcher 3: Wild Huntaddseo1115 on Tue May 26, 2015 10:16am
- OopsAnubis on Mon May 25, 2015 8:20pm
- 10 YearsSL33PY on Sat May 23, 2015 11:33pm
- Post your desktop 2015Ozone on Sat May 23, 2015 10:50pm
- 2015 Game ReleasesAnubis on Sat May 23, 2015 2:01pm
- Bot ListM.Steiner on Tue May 19, 2015 9:54am
- Game giveaways & tradingNF on Mon May 18, 2015 10:14pm
- E3 2015Kondratev on Mon May 18, 2015 8:13pm