The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:06 am

M.Steiner
Not Tonight (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
I've been plugging this a bit on Discord already but for the unaware;
Person of European Heritage #112: Welcome to Relocation Block B, your new home. Your designated role is 'Bouncer'. Work hard, stay out of trouble, and we might let you stay in the UK.

In an alternative Britain where Brexit talks have collapsed, an extreme far-right government has taken power. Citizens of European heritage have been rounded up and exiled. Forced out of your previous life, you find yourself in the midst of a booming gig economy, fighting to scrape by and return to the city you call home.

Not Tonight is a post-Brexit management game, fusing a time-pressure RPG with a politically charged story where every decision matters. Will you join the resistance and fight the regime -- or keep your head down and hope that one day this will all be a distant memory?
and it's fantastic, although genuinely <censored> worrying in places. Would highly recommend picking it up :)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/733790/Not_Tonight/
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:43 pm

M.Steiner
Shenmue (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
<3 <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:52 am

M.Steiner
Shenmue II (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Both games finished. All achievements obtained.

I only ever played Shenmue 2 a couple of times before we (stupidly) got rid of the Dreamcast back in the day and whilst I've always loved both games dearly (and when I speak of "Shenmue" being one of my top 5 games of all time I'm counting both games as one), Shenmue 1 was always the game I had a soft spot for. That's probably because it left such a big impression on me (my brother too) and I played it to death as a kid, but after playing them back-to-back with this re-release (how I suggest you guys play them too) if I had to pick a favourite right now it would have to be Shenmue 2. As great as 1 is I do feel that 2 improves on it in many ways.

Magnificent. It has been really wonderful getting to experience these games again after all this time and after waiting 17+ years we're finally going to see the story continued with Shenmue 3 next year! (or maybe the year after if it gets delayed, which I'd be fine with). I can't even begin to tell you how happy & excited that makes me feel.

I've recommended a handful of games already this year but there is no other game on that list more deserving of a purchase & to be given a chance than Shenmue I & II now that we've finally been given this re-release. Please pick them up, they're only 20 quid <3 :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:04 am

M.Steiner
Battlefield V (PC Beta)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:37 pm

M.Steiner
Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Don't get me wrong as this was still a great game despite me still thinking the Arkham games were better and seeing the hype, reviews & just becoming the fastest selling game of 2018 so far (not surprising given how huge the IP is) I may be in a minority here when I say this but I do think the game is a tad overrated. Honestly, as much as I enjoyed this (and I really did - enough to Platinum it. The combat & traversal being as good as they are have a lot to do with that) it wouldn't even be a GOTY contender for me if I'm honest. To each their own though! I do hope they do another one :)

Shenmue I & II aside (due to my bias lol), God of War is still the game to beat for me this year. By a long way.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is up next :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 am

M.Steiner
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sure is a looker! (and those are all gameplay btw) ;)

What's everyone else playing atm? :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:09 pm

M.Steiner
Silent Hill 2 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Amazing how 17 years later and Silent Hill 2 remains as not just the pinnacle of the psychological horror genre but still stands as one of the greatest pieces of storytelling in video games history as well. Incredibly symbolic, impactful & thought provoking which manages to handle its mature themes beautifully. Hell, few games touch on such subjects even to this day. Bloody great soundtrack too! (one of only a few I've ever physically bought a copy of)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:16 am

LightningP38
I think I'll give Not Tonight a try ; I really love these dystopian/cyberpunk universes! Or, if an article that I've read a couple days ago turns out to be true, I just have to wait a couple years for it to happen (according to the article, self driving cars will reshape our life, how we consume, buy houses, commute to work... That's textbook cyberpunk if you ask me)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:18 am

M.Steiner
Silent Hill 3 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:08 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Those Silent Hill pictures horrify me :shaking:

As for what I'm playing, not much atm is the answer! I'm on a little break from FF14 after burning out on it just before reaching Heavensward, so I need to get back to that at some point (but maybe not immediately). I'm also kinda playing Spiderman but doing my usual console thing of procrastinating on the PC instead of playing much.

Primarily atm I'm watching TV shows and Youtube a lot, and have been relatively busy recently. I'll finish Spiderman before I do anything else, but not sure what else then. I have so much to play but not much drawing me in atm. Might finally do that FF8 stream I've talked about for a while...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Those Silent Hill pictures horrify me :shaking:
lol, I so wish that wasn't the case as I think you'd be really surprised by Silent Hill 2. If I made a list of games I've played which I'd consider to be some of the best examples of truly great storytelling in the medium SH2 would be near the top of that list. Pretty certain that other players would include it at least somewhere on their list too, it'd be hard not to. It's a very special & rather unique game for which the genre has still never really come close to matching imho. I can appreciate that horror is not your thing though which is why I've never nagged at you or pushed more for you to play it haha. Have a read of this though & see what I'm on about: Silent Hill 2: Gaming's Most Intelligent Horror Story :thumb:

What are some of the games you've got lined up for playing after Spider-man, mate? Are you leaning towards any in particular?
(Give us a shout if you decide to start that FF8 stream should I miss it pop up on Twitch or whatever. Will definitely try & tune into that at some point!)

New release wise, next up for me is ep 1 of Life is Strange 2 in 4 days (which I'm pretty sure you'll be playing as well, if not on day 1!), AC Odyssey the week after, and then The Occupation the week after that. Fun times :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Anubis wrote:Those Silent Hill pictures horrify me :shaking:
What are some of the games you've got lined up for playing after Spider-man, mate? Are you leaning towards any in particular?
(Give us a shout if you decide to start that FF8 stream should I miss it pop up on Twitch or whatever. Will definitely try & tune into that at some point!)

New release wise, next up for me is ep 1 of Life is Strange 2 in 4 days (which I'm pretty sure you'll be playing as well, if not on day 1!), AC Odyssey the week after, and then The Occupation the week after that. Fun times :)
Oh the list is ridiculous at this point. This is all the stuff I own but haven't got to play yet, but like I say none of it is really calling to me atm:
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Persona 5
  • FF14 Heavensward & Stormblood stories
  • FF11 all stories
  • Vampyr
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Remember Me
  • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
  • Life is Strange 2
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided
  • Dreamfall Chapters
  • FF13-2
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
That's not counting a bunch of stuff I want to play but haven't bought yet, and the ton of stuff I have but want to replay either :sweat:

As for SH, I'll have a read of the article you linked - always easier to read about this stuff haha! But yes, my fear of horror is legendary so unfortunately I'll probably never play them lol :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 pm

M.Steiner
Hmm, lots to pick from there. Playing Captain Spirit before LiS2 is a given of course but of the others on the list there's only 5 I haven't played (LiS2 being the 6th but that isn't out yet). Remember Me would definitely be the weakest one on that list from the ones I've played so I wouldn't recommend prioritizing that one personally, whilst Persona 5 would be the strongest for me.

If you're looking to play a bit more on PC though (and especially with P5 since they're big games as you'll know, and that'd set you back some 100hrs lol), Ori and the Blind forest might be an idea. Bit different from what you sound to have been playing lately, it's one of the very best metroidvania platformers out there and it's not massively long either (clocking in around 8-10hr I'd say) so will be quicker to tick off your list hehe. Beautiful game, can't wait for the next one :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:58 pm

M.Steiner
Life is Strange 2: Episode 1 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Beautifully paced, hard-hitting & political. I absolutely loved this, possibly even more than I did the start of the original Life is Strange & that's saying something. Well done, Dontnod! :thumb:
Here are my choices:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 pm

M.Steiner
Forza Horizon 4 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:17 am

esd
No Man's Sky - XBox One

""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:27 am

M.Steiner
Few bonus shots :)
Forza Horizon 4 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image

A starter car? This car is a finisher car! A transporter of gods! The golden god! I am untethered, and my rage knows no bounds!
Image Image

(AC Odyssey up next btw lol ;D)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:35 pm

esd
More No Man's Sky (Xbox)

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 pm

M.Steiner
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
(More to follow!)

If you liked how Ubi approached Origins which for a large part was basically a reinvention of the series, Odyssey continues to refine & polish that formula to even better results. I still kinda miss how much focus the present day/first civilization storylines used to get (back when we had Desmond), which were always full of twists, turns & cliffhangers which I absolutely loved but I have played every main game in the series to date now and this for me is without a doubt the best entry in the series so far and one of the best open-world games out there. Loving it :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 pm

M.Steiner
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Enjoying this game so much I may even buy the season pass for it, which I don't think I've ever done for AC :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm

esd
Forza Horizon 4 - Xbox One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:30 pm

M.Steiner
Having fun with FH4 I hope, esd? :)

--------------------------
Last batch for ACO I think :thumb:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Red Dead Redemption 2 next week! That has been by far my most anticipated new title of the year (and arguably the biggest release of the year too) so my expectations are pretty high for it to say the least. Adored the first game (their best imo) so fingers crossed it lives up to the hype!
Anyone else looking to pick it up? :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:07 am

M.Steiner
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:03 pm

M.Steiner
For those unaware: From 8th Jan 2019 Flickr will change their limit of 1TB free storage to a maximum 1,000 photos or videos for free account holders & will actively begin deleting anything over that limit (starting from oldest to newest uploaded) from 5th Feb, that is unless you pay for Flickr Pro their ransom fee. Which I most certainly will not!

I've tried to bring myself within that 1k limit by deleting images I haven't specifically shared here (and Anny has very kindly been backing some up for me too <3) so unless I've mistakenly deleted some which I have (or Flickr themselves mess up later), I think everything in here will be safe from deletion come Feb. I hope!
I've had a look around at alternatives and decided to go with Abload.de which I've seen recommended quite a few times over the years. The site is in German but it's easy enough to navigate with my translator add-on and apart from a 10mb file size limit (which will be sufficient for the screenshots I post), they don't compress images and offer unlimited storage. As such I'll be using Abload from this point on I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Padishar
Good to know, thanks! :cool:

Return to “General Discussions”